Chapter 43

Mild smut 

"All I do is bleed into someone else."

Present time...

Farah's POV...

I'm in shock.

People say that the shock will usually wear off when you seek medical help, and I'm starting to think that's true.

I sit here with confusion lingering around me, my eyes open, unblinking, and my pulse quickened by the minute. My chest is falling up and down, very unsteady, and my breathing is starting to become uncontrollable.

My throat demanded something to wash down the dryness inside. My eyes stood still as I stared at the man in front of me. My hands feel sweaty against my bare thighs, but suddenly I'm cold.

Shivers running down my body as my hands leave sweat marks on my thighs. A hand is by my face, swinging back and forth, the two fingers hitting against each other to make a noise.

The snapping is repeated as my shoulders shake. I hear male voices calling out my name, but for some reason, I don't want to leave just yet.

A rough shake pulled me out of my subconscious.

"What?" I asked as I looked between the two men.

"You were in shock... are you okay?" Loki asked me.

My head tilted as his sincere words. A small smile came to my lips as I nodded, "I'm fine now."

"Good. Now, can we continue this conversation?" Clint asked from the seat next to me.

"Right." I said, clearing my throat. "Where did we leave off?"

"We just told you how Sam knew about Steve's obsession with you." Loki clarified.

"Right. Continue." I said as I did a gesture with my hand.

"From what I gathered, I'm almost positive that Sam saw him taking a photo of you. Clint also required a photo of Steve showing Sam the album, or whatever he kept them in. Sam apparently got upset with Steve and was going to tell you if he didn't delete them and stop." Loki explained.

"Steve then got defensive and offered him money to keep his mouth shut. Sam then obliged to Steve's term and that's when Steve got the money out and gave it to Sam." Clint said, taking over for Loki.

I had a very bad thought, "Could this mean..." I trailed off. Not wanting to say what I was thinking.

"Mean what?"

My gaze looked at Clint, "Could this mean Sam killed Steve?"

Loki hummed and so did Clint.

I sit up straighter, "I mean look at it. Sam had a motive. He wanted Steve to stop with the photos, and what better way to stop him then kill him. Plus, he also had a million dollars in his hands while doing so." I shrug, "Makes sense."

"Darling, I think you may be onto something." Loki said, as he started to piece what I said together.

"So... what do we do with this?" I asked as I grabbed the drink in front of me and brought the cold glass to my lips.