Chapter 25

"Find what you love and let it kill you."

8 years ago...

"Nat! Open the door!" Farah shouted as she pounded on the door with her fist. She somehow convinced Bucky to stay in the car while she talked to Nat.

She was putting up this hard front but in reality, she was scared out of her mind. Could Nat really have killed him. She did have a good motive, but Farah didn't want to believe it. She didn't want to believe her best friend was capable of murder.

The door swung open, "What the fuck? It's 1 pm?" Nat said as she rubbed her tired eyes.

Farah pushed her way inside and started to pace in Nat's kitchen. She ran a shaky hand through her hair and then wiped them on her pants.

Nat closed the door and turned to look at her, "Are you okay?"

Farah scoffed, "Of course I'm okay. Are you?" Farah said as she looked up at her.

Nat nodded, "Yeah. I would be better if you let me sleep."

"Why?" Farah breathed out, "Why... him?"

Nat crossed her arms over her chest, "Why what?"

"Why did you do it?" Farah said firmly.

Nat shrugged, "I'm confused."

"I saw you Nat!! I saw you!" Farah yelled.

"Saw me do what?" Nat asked.

"Stop playing dumb, Nat!" Farah yelled as she slammed her hands on the counter.

"I don't know what you're talking about?!" Nat yelled back out of frustration.

Farah laughed, "You must be a really good fucking liar."

"Farah... what are you talking about?"

"You killed him!" Farah yelled while pointing at her, "You killed him. I saw you!"

Nat narrowed her brows, "What?"

"I saw t-the tape and you- you killed him. I saw your hair!" Farah yelled while she started to pace around.

"My hair?" Nat asked.

"Are you hard of hearing? I saw your hair on the person who was burying him alive!"

"Farah," Nat laughed. "I was with you and Sam."

"No-no, you left!" Farah stammered.

"To get food. I told you the line to the Chinese place is always long."

"You left and killed him then brought the food!"

"Farah... have you been drinking?" Nat asked with concern laced in her voice.

"What?!" Farah breathed out, "No!"

"I think you should go." Nat said.

Farah looked down then looked back up at her, "I know you did it."

"Believe whatever you want, Farah. You know I don't lie. I didn't do it. Whether you believe me or not... it's your choice." Nat said as she opened her door.

Farah scoffed, "If you were so sure it was me, why didn't you tell the cops?" Nat asked.

"I wanted to talk to you first."