Chapter 27

"My god this reminds me of when we were young." 

Present time...

Sam came back with two trays of shots. He placed them down on the small table. He grabbed one for everyone and handed it to them.

Everyone raised their glasses as they put it to their mouth and their heads shot back as the liquor burned their throat.

"Shit!" Farah exclaimed as she slammed the glass on the table.

"Sam, what the fuck was that?" Bucky asked as his face scrunched up due to the taste.

Sam scratched the back of his neck, "I honestly don't know."

Farah scoffed, "Hand me another."

Sam's lips turned into a smile, "There's my girl." He handed her a shot and she downed it like nothing.

Nat, Sam, Farah and Bucky continued to drink and talk for a while, just wanting to catch up with one another.

"So you're telling me that you work in a bar!" Sam laughed.

"Yes! Why is that such a shocker to you all?!" Farah shouted over the loud music.

"Babe, relax." Nat said, "We're only shocked because we'd thought you would be something...better."

Farah rolled her eyes, "Well, we can't all have super rich ass families, now can we?"

Nat sipped on her drink, "I suppose not."

"Fuck guys, I think we need more drinks." Sam said as he stood up.

"Bring me a beer will you?" Bucky asked and Sam nodded.

Once Sam left, Nat leaned closer to Farah- who was still sitting on Bucky's lap, "Do you really believe he has a girlfriend?"

Farah threw her head back with laughter, "Not a chance."

"That's what I thought too."

"You two are ridiculous. I met her and she's really nice...just a little familiar." Bucky spoke up.

Farah turned her head to look at him, "What do you mean 'familiar'?"

Bucky shrugged, "She kind of looks like Wanda."

Farah raised a brow, "That's not weird at all."

"I mean we all knew he liked her but I never thought it was this bad." Nat said as she spun her straw in her drink.

"You have a pic of her?" Farah asked Bucky and he shook his head in response.

Before anyone could say anything else, Sam returned with a beer and a drink of his own.

"Y'all ready to actually party or what?" He said as he plopped down on his seat.

Farah nodded, "Yeah. I think I'm tipsy enough."

"Perfect." Sam said as he took a long sip of his drink before standing up.

Farah kissed the side of Bucky's head before getting up. Farah grabbed Sam's hand and they walked to the dance floor.

Nat scooted closer to Bucky, "How is she?"

Bucky glanced at Nat, "Better. But, she still has PTSD about what happened."