Chapter 13

A / N: short chapter today, but longer one tomorrow

"A secret's worth depends on the people from whom it must be kept."

9 years ago . . .

"She can stay with me." Nat said as she picked up Farah's purse.

"Are you sure?" Steve asked.

"Yes. She needs a break from boys." Nat said as she started walking over to Farah, who was still in Bucky's arms.

"Hey Farah, come on. You're going to stay with me." Nat said as she gently rubbed her back.

Farah nodded her head against Bucky's neck, but didn't move.

Nat turned back to the group, "Everyone out!"

"Nat-"

"Out Steve, now." Nat said as she turned her attention back to Farah.

Sam and Steve left the room and Wanda stayed behind. Wanda walked over to Nat.

"Hand me your keys, I'll turn on the car." She said and Nat reached into her purse, grabbing her keys.

Nat handed her the keys and Wanda left the room, going to start the car.

"They're all gone now." Bucky said to Farah.

"I'm scared." Farah whispered.

"Why?" Nat asked her.

Farah took her head from his neck and looked at her. Farah's eyes were red and tears threatened to spill out any minute.

"What if he's out there?" Farah said as her voice wavered.

"And if he is, I'll beat him senseless." Bucky said firmly.

"Me too. We'll all beat his ass." Nat said, cracking a small smile, "and you get the first punch."

Farah felt her lips twitch into a small smile and she unwrapped her hands from around Bucky and sat up. She wiped her face with her hands and pushed her hair back.

Nat stood up and offered her hand, "You ready?"

"Yeah." Farah breathed out and grabbed Nat's hand. They began walking to the door, but Farah stopped. She stood staring at the door, unable to move.

Bucky slipped his hands into hers and she was snapped out of her thoughts, turning to look at him. Bucky smiled and started walking out of the room, with Farah following him, and Nat behind them.

When they walked out, cameras were being flashed in their faces and people were yelling things at them. Farah turned her head into her shoulder, trying to shield the flashing.

People were shouting all different kinds of things and they all tried not to pay attention to it. They pushed their way through the crowd and finally met the entrance door. They all pushed it open as they walked to Nat's car.

Wanda was there, leaning against Nat's car, with her phone in her hand. She looked up to see them walk over to her, and she gulped.

"What the hell just happened?" Nat asked Wanda.