Chapter 18

"Life is hard.  After all,  it kills you." 

8 years ago... 

Bucky, Farah, Sam and Nat stood there frozen, not being able to say a single word. The only thing on their minds was that Steve is missing? How could that be? They just saw him two days ago...

All these questions they have, but with no answer.

They all snapped out of their daze in union as they pushed past the reporters. They all went into the family bathroom, no word muttered, no room to back out.

Bucky shut the door and locked it. When he turned around, everyone was carefully glancing at one another. No one said a word as they all silently conversed through their eyes.

Nat wiped a stray tear from her face and cleared her throat, "I can't do this silent thing anymore."

"So... Steve's missing?" Farah asked, not sure as to why she asked that.

"H-how? We just saw him!" Nat said in frustration.

"Guys..." Farah breathed out, "Where the hell is Wanda?"

The 4 of them glanced around the bathroom and then something clicked. Neither of them wanted to say what they were all thinking, no one wanted to believe it was true.

Could Wanda actually have killed Steve?

Nat twirled the ends of her ponytail, "God, I can feel a bad anxiety attack coming."

"Okay, we should all go to class and talk about this later?" Bucky suggested as he felt his palms sweaty and hot.

They all shakily nodded as Bucky turned around to open the door. Sam walked out first, his gaze on the floor, and his legs moving with so much speed.

Nat walked out after him as her shaky hands went to open her water bottle, needing something to cool her body down.

Farah went to walk out after her, but Bucky grabbed her wrist and she turned to look at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes searching hers.

Farah nodded, "Yeah, I'll be okay." She breathed out.

"Tell me if you need anything..." Bucky said and Farah nodded.

"Same goes for you. Tell me if you need anything, I know how much he meant to you."

"Stop talking like he's dead... it makes it hurt more." Bucky said sheepishly.

"Sorry." Farah gazed drop to his hand that's still on her wrist, "I'll see you later?" She said now looking at him.

"Yeah." Bucky said and Farah gave a warm smile before Bucky let her go. She walked away from him, her hands going inside of her sweater pockets and she let out a breath.

Farah walked into her first period and sat down in her usual seat- all the way in the back corner, but close enough to where she could see everyone and everything.

She slung her book bag on her desk and pulled her phone from her back pocket of her black jeans, and placed it inside of her bag. She pulled out a pencil and her notebook, getting prepared for class.