Chapter 19

"Maybe true happiness is when we are happy with ourselves." 

Present time...

Bucky's eyes fluttered open when he felt someone tracing their finger down his arm. His vision was met with light brown hair. He moved his head up to see Farah laying on him, with her head on his chest and her finger tracing his tattoo.

He smiled to himself, "Having fun?"

Farah gasped, "Holy shit, you scared me." Farah looked up at him, with a hand over her heart.

Bucky chuckled, "Sorry. How did we get into this position?"

Farah laughed, "When I woke up, you were on your back and I was cold so since you're a human heater, I laid on top of you."

"Interesting." Bucky said.

"Are you going into work today?" Farah asked as she placed her chin on top of her hand.

"It's literally 1 pm..."

"So?"

"I'm not going." Bucky said and Farah smiled.

"What I'm hearing is that you're going to spend the day with me?" Farah asked with a smile.

"I wish, but I do have some things to do today." He said while he ran his hand up and down her back.

Farah put her forehead on his chest, "Then I guess I'll go into work."

"You work?" Bucky asked.

Farah looked up to him, "Yeah. How else do I pay my bills?"

Bucky laughed, "Never in a million years would I have thought you would be working."

"I take full offense to that, by the way. And yes, I work." Farah said as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Where?"

"Now I don't want to say."

"Why not?" Bucky said with a smirk.

"Because you're going to laugh." Farah said as she placed her forehead back on his chest.

"I won't." Bucky said as he held in his laugh.

"A bar." Farah muttered.

"A what?"

"You heard me." Farah said louder.

Bucky laughed, "I'm not laughing at you okay."

"Then stop laughing." Farah said.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." Bucky said.

Farah looked up at him, "No, it's too late. I'm going to gather my clothes."

Farah went to get up but Bucky grabbed her nape and pulled her close, "You're forgetting something."

Farah smiled as she leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his lips, "There you big baby."

"Thank you." Bucky said as he let her go.

Farah gathered her clothes off of the floor and her bag, "See you later?"

"Yeah." Bucky said as he got out of bed. "My driver is out there to take you home."