Chapter 31

TW: Drug use, drug withdrawal, and rehab. 

"One day, you'll thank yourself for never giving up." 

7 years earlier...

Summer break...

Farah walked out of the chicago airport. She pulled her suitcase as she walked to her rental car. She was heading to Nat's house, where the rest of the group was already at.

Since they all agreed to meet in the summer and hang out until school started in the fall. They all went around the world to different colleges.

Nat went to one for business and later Bucky did too. His parents decided that he could succeed in business instead of sports. Sam went to a school for culinary arts. Wanda went to school for education, she wanted to be a teacher. Lastly, Farah is going to law school. Being a lawyer is her dream and she hopes to achieve it.

Farah knocked on the door and Wanda opened the door. They smiled and giggled as they engaged in a hug.

"I missed you so much!" Wanda exclaimed.

"I see you're a redhead now?" Farah laughed as her eyes trailed up and down Wanda.

Wanda smiled, "Yes. I think it's a good change from brown."

"You look good!" Farah said with a smile.

"You too! I see you cut your hair again."

"I got so sick of the long hair," Farah laughed.

Wanda nodded for her to go inside and she did.

Farah left her suitcase by the door - since she saw all the other suitcases there- and she followed Wanda to where the rest of the group was.

Farah's eyes landed on those familiar blue eyes. Her face lit up as she ran into his arms. Bucky stumbled back a bit as he caught her and buried his face into her neck, sighing.

"I missed you." He said to her and she nodded against his neck.

"I missed you more." She said,

Bucky set her down and grabbed her face with his hands, "God, you're more beautiful in person."

Farah laughed, "Shut up." She said as she brought his face down to her lips. They engaged in a long kiss, trying to savor it.

Sam cleared his throat loudly, "I'm here too."

"So am I." Nat added.

Farah broke the kiss and turned to them, "Hi, Sam. Hi, Nat, love the hair by the way." Farah turned back around to Bucky and pulled his collar down and his lips landed on hers again.

Sam and Nat both groaned as Wanda laughed.

"She finally sees him after months and doesn't know how to fucking act." Nat said as she sipped on her beer.

"Right. She didn't even acknowledge my facial hair." Sam said as she crossed his arms.

"You have facial hair?" Nat asked as she turned to look at him.