Chapter 50

"The only difference between a happy ending and a sad ending is when you decide where the story ends." 

Present time...

Farah's POV

Bucky and I are standing across the street from the Barnes Hotel. We watch as they drag Nat in handcuffs out of the building.

I see Nat scanning the area and stops once her eyes land on mine. She glares at me, lile somehow she knows I set her up. I give her a nice little wink and I see her starting to fight out of the cops grip.

I almost laughed.

The cop shoved her head inside then her body. She then scoots to the other side just to glare at me through her window. I give a small wave and then the car drives off.

I look towards Bucky, who is watching with pitiful eyes.

No, no, no. You are not going to become sad for her. I thought.

I grab his face gently and turn it towards me, "Hey." I said softly.

He looks at me like we did something wrong. I sigh.

"Hey, look. It's all over now. Just a little questioning and then we can live freely. Isn't that what you want?" I ask.

He nods, "I do. I want this so bad."

"Then let's get through this and then we can go live." I say with a smile as he returns it.

I lean forward and place a soft kiss on his lips. After we break apart, he grabs my hand and we walk down the street into Barnes Hotel.

We walk inside and the camera flashes at us and it reminds me of when Steve died. All the cameras flashing everywhere, wondering what was on our mind. Being so invading like our dear friend didn't just die.

One of the reports touches my shoulder which leaves me to turn around. She raises her mic all up in my face and starts spitting out questions so fast that I only see her mouth moving without any sound.

I decided to intervene, "Look. I am deeply shocked about what happened. Please give Bucky and I a chance to process things before you start to invade our lives." I turn and push Bucky and I through the massive crowd.

Clint comes to us and I internally groan.

"Hey, Boss. I couldn't keep them away."

Bucky shakes it off, "Not a problem. Have Lucy send me the details of everything I missed during my vacation, ASAP." Bucky says firmly.

I smile at his authority.

Clint nods, "On it."

Bucky takes the lead and leads me to his office. He walks in his office and shuts the door behind us. He lets out a huge breath, like he's been holding it in since we left my apartment.

We took a nice shower and got ready in my bathroom. It was so amazing to actually get ready next to him. Then we went to brunch. We came at the perfect time, so we saw Nat being dragged away.

She was a means to an end.

I'm wearing this white bra with a brown cropped cardigan with my favorite pair of blue jeans and my white sneakers.