Chapter 12

"Maybe, we just found forever at the wrong time, and some day time will pull us back together again." 

Present time...

Hours have passed at the gala, and Bucky is getting bored. They've been sitting there making conversation here and there, drinking a little wine to ease the tension and boredom.

Bucky abruptly stands up and extends his hand to Farah. She looks at it weird before looking at Bucky.

"Dance with me." Bucky said.

Farah winced, "I don't really feel like it."

Bucky internally groans, "Come on, this small talk is boring. You don't have to do anything, except sway back and forth." He said as his hand was still out. "Please just dance with me... for a little." Bucky said more softly.

Farah tilts her head to the side before standing up. She placed her hand in his and he closed it.

"I can't let this very expensive dress go to waste, now can I?" She asked mostly to herself.

"You know I could've paid for it." Bucky said as he directed them to the large open dance floor.

"Don't worry it's a rental. And I would never ask you for money." Farah said as she looked around the dance floor in awe.

The tan colored floor with designs that look quite old. The high ceiling with many chandeliers and the old people who are swaying with their significant other.

Bucky spun her around and she gasped in surprise as he pulled her close. His hands on her lower back and hers on his shoulders.

"Geez Buck, I think I heard my organs move around." Farah joked and Bucky cracked a smile.

"Sorry, I always see people do that in movies." Bucky said as they started moving left to right.

"So you wanted to try?" Farah asked, raising her brow.

"Yup. Seems as if I did it correctly, on the first try too." Bucky pointed out and Farah let out a small laugh.

"You're ridiculous."

"It made you laugh though." Bucky said.

"Indeed it did." She said back.

Bucky looked like he was going to say something but Farah beat him to it.

"Can we just not talk right now? Not to be rude, but I don't feel like talking right now." Farah asked.

"Yeah." Bucky breathed out and Farah smiled.

Her arms went under his armpits and she rested her head in the crook of his neck. He could feel her breathing on his neck and he had to drift his thoughts away from her.

They swayed left to right for a long time, just in each other's arms, listening to each other's breathing, smelling each other's perfume, they didn't want to let go.

Farah's thoughts drifted back to all the amazing memories they had together, and she wished it never ended.

Bucky's thoughts were about how good Farah looked in this dress. The dress was made for her tall frame. He tried so hard not to look at her breast, but they did look good. He thought about how he could just take her right here in the bathroom, and make her scream his name. He thought about her waking up in his bed, in his clothes, and his bed smelling like her. He wished all those things happened but his thoughts were interrupted when Farah removed her head from his neck and looked up at him.