Chapter 3 Part 2

As she let her imaginations run wild, the voice from the front of the classroom brought her back to her senses.

  “I’ve uploaded the PowerPoint for this class to the class shared file and also sent an email to remind you. Have you all printed it?”

  “….”

  Crickets.

  Who checked their email inbox that was spammed all day?

  Who would go to the library to print papers just for an elective class?

  Jungkook frowned, feeling a headache coming on.

  He just wanted to come here to get enough credits, but he didn’t expect C University to have this kind of teacher.

  Looking to his right, there was a pile of stuff in front of his new deskmate. Notebook, pencil pouch, a pile of papers.

  The pile of papers looked like the PowerPoint Yang Chuan was talking about.

  …. Unexpectedly, there was really a person who obediently did.

  Maybe because he stared for a little too long, she noticed his line of sight, and a dawning expression appeared on her small face.

  “….”

  Jungkook did not know what she had suddenly comprehended.

  Then he saw her stretch forward and move the pile to the gap between their desks, her dark eyes blinking and blinking, saying to him in a very quiet voice, “Senior, do you want to share? I printed it out.”

  Extremely careful, it looked like she was pretending to be a thief.

  “….”

  Watching her actions, it took him a lot of effort before he suppressed the corners of his lips from curving up and nodded to her, “Thank you, then.”

  Then he looked at the information she pushed over to him.

  At the top of the white paper, like how a high school student had to write their name at the head of their book, were carefully and neatly written three small characters.

  Lisa Manoban.

  He silently repeated it in his mind.

  So that’s how it was written.

  —

  A class was an hour and a half long, with a five-minute break in between.

  Although Yang Chuan’s lecture was a bit boring, they had to say, everything was the important information. If you earnestly paid attention to his class, you could definitely learn a lot in one semester.

  For example, Lisa who was writing down notes at lightning speed.

  Jungkook didn’t listen very attentively to the lesson, his words basically going in one ear and out the other. The girl by his side had been continuously writing down the key points of grammar the teacher was talking about. Her attitude made others simply embarrassed to interrupt.

  During the break, Jungkook saw her finally put down her pen and suddenly realized something.

  She just came up and immediately called him “senior.”

  Jungkook propped one hand on his chin, tilting his head to look at her: “How did you know I’m not a freshman?”

  Lisa was stunned.

  She absolutely couldn’t say that her roommate dragged her to look at his photos and overheard others talking about him, right….

  She said somewhat falteringly, “Because I went to the…. sharing seminar organized by the Department of Economics and Management and saw senior’s name …. so that’s how I knew.”

  Her eyelashes were long and lifted. When she blinked, it looked like a small brush sweeping up and down.

  At her words, Jungkook nonchalantly gave an ‘mm’.

  He didn’t know if it was an illusion, but the second half of the class flew by compared to the first 40 minutes or so.

  The class started at 2:00, and now it was almost 3:30.

  That was to say, class would be over soon.

  Yang Chuan has already started to summarize the knowledge points. Lisa also should have finished taking notes since she didn’t touch her pen.

  He was thinking for a bit.

  Jungkook raised his hand to brush back his hair, seemingly inadvertently reaching out and touching Lisa’s desk, “Will you sit here next time?”

  “Hmm?” She turned her head to look at him, her eyes bewildered.

  “….”

  He paused and explained, “Sitting here, you probably won’t be called on.”

  He observed that Yang Chuan seemed keen to ask the people who were sitting at the front, and not a single person in the last few rows had ever been called.

  Of course, that wasn’t his intention.

  But it was a good reason.

  “Oh, that’s good, then….”

  The dimple in Lisa’s right cheek faintly emerged, looking like she was going to nod—

  “…. Jungkook Jeon.”

  Jungkook: ?

  Yang Chuan put down the roll call in his hand, his tone still flat, “You answer the question I just asked.”

  Jungkook: “….”

  Who knows what you asked?

  He tightened his lips, closed his eyes slightly, just about to stand up.

  The corner of his shirt was suddenly pulled with a little strength.

  The next thing he heard was a soft and sticky voice coming from his side.

  Quiet, but the speed of speech is fast.

  —”Don’t be afraid, senior, I know the answer!”

  Then it was over.

  Lisa began to write something quickly in her notebook.

  Ten seconds later, he was standing completely straight. She didn’t even raise her head, pushing the notebook with the answer quickly in front of him.

  Jungkook looked at the book on the table, and then looked at the top of her dark hair.

  His left eyelid twitched again.

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)