Chapter 9 Part 2

Jungkook went back to the dorm.

  The oldest two weren’t there, with only Taehyung sitting on his bed alone and looking at his phone.

  Hearing the noise, Taehyung peeked his head out, “Yo.”

  “……”

  “Our university master’s back. Will you still go to study French tonight, hm?”

  Jungkook: “……”

  Jungkook: “…… You f*cking want to be in a squad by yourself from now on, right?”

  This sentence was most effective on Taehyung.

  “No, no, no, no, my mouth is speaking nonsense!” He smiled flatteringly and his white face grinned like a blooming flower, “Jungwoo, you’re my dear brother.”

  Jungkook didn’t bother to pay attention to him.

  “Oh, right,” Taehyung suddenly remembered, “Next weekend is the second round of musical instruments auditions. You still remember what you said at the time?”

  “……”

  Seeing Jungkook not talk, Taehyung hastily tried to push the responsibility off: “Anyway, I’m never going to do that hard work again, uh-uh.”

  “I’ll go interview. Put your heart back in your gut,” Jungkook cooly swept a look at him, “No need for you.”

  Taehyung: “……”

  No need then no need.

  But what’s the meaning of his f*cking explicitly mocking expression when he talked?

  There were still a few hours before dinner time. Jungkook answered Taehyung and sat at the table to play with his phone.

  He suddenly received a WeChat.

  [Deer OO]: [Voice Message]

  “……”

  Jungkook looked at the notification and blanked for a moment before clicking WeChat.

  After tapping on it, he brought the receiver to his ear, and a familiar, soft voice came from the other end.

  -”Wow, senior! I just returned to the dorm and checked my email. Did you know that Professor Yang actually said that there’ll be a quiz next class! Um, I was afraid you wouldn’t look at your mail so I wanted to tell you. Remember to review!”

  As Jungkook listened, his lips curved more and more.

  He couldn’t stop smiling. Afraid that Taehyung would see and make a fuss, he was forced to turn his face away and send her a message.

  After sending it, he listened to her voice again.

  With that tone of righteous indignation and accusation toward their teacher, it was like she was treating him as a comrade in battle.

  He smiled a little more.

  Suddenly, the little girl’s serious and satisfied appearance chewing pearls with her mouth bulging flashed in her mind.

  His heart was a soft mess.

  ***

  Friday morning.

  Jungkook learned his lesson from last week. Last night, he got in bed early at twelve o’clock and although he still woke up at seven twenty, today was much better than last time.