Chapter 21 Part 1

After ending his conversation with Mrs. Jeon, Jungkookungkook simply packed his things and left the school. He took a taxi to the bike parts store, bought a bunch of things, and then learned how to install the back seat of the bike.

    It was already past five o’clock in the afternoon when all was done.

    The store was in a bustling downtown shopping mall, surrounded by several high-end residential neighborhoods, with lots of people taking the bus, subway, and taxi. He used an app to call a taxi.

    When he got into the back seat of the taxi, he casually glanced out of the window. During National Day, S City was unusually busy as it was about to enter nighttime. The car had just started when it hit a red light.

    His head was still leaned to the side, looking outside, but his eyes were suddenly fixed on one spot.

    The traffic light was next to a subway station. With people coming and going, he accurately caught a familiar figure in line at the subway entrance.

    Lisa was wearing a dress and knitted coat today, similar to the way she dressed in school. Her hair was draped down and tucked behind her ears, revealing the delicate side profile of her face.

    “Mister,” Jungkook instantly leaned forward and asked the driver, “Can I get off now?”

    Without waiting for the driver to answer, he added: “I’ll pay now.”

    “No, young man, I won’t accept money for such a short distance,” The driver looked at him through the rearview mirror, “You can’t get off in the middle of the road.”

    “…… Okay, thanks.”

    “No problem.”

    Jungkook sat up straight, and had just turned his head to look when Lisa just entered the subway entrance, her beige skirt flashing.

    For him, the red light had also changed color. Feeling the vibration from the car starting, he unlocked his phone and opened WeChat to find Lisa.

    His fingers hovered over the keyboard for a moment.

    He found that he wanted to ask quite a lot of things.

    Where did you go?

    What were you doing?

    To see who?

    He only paused for a moment.

    Her appearance from yesterday popped into his head.

    After he helped her tighten her ponytail, the two of them went to have lunch. As they walked along the path, he noticed that the little girl’s ears were getting redder and redder. When they were eating, her eyes evaded his, and she didn’t return to normal until the afternoon.

    His lips unconsciously curved and he locked his phone.

    Forget it.

    Take things slowly.

    Half an hour later, there was some traffic on the roads, and he hadn’t yet reached school. Jungkook leaned back in his seat, tilted his head, and closed his eyes to listen to the music when his phone vibrated.

    He opened his eyes, took out his phone, then gave it a glance.

    Then laughed.

    [Deer OO]: Senior, Grandpa said you need to remember to come tomorrow for your last acupuncture session~ Don’t forget ^v^

    [Jungkook]: Okay.

    [Jungkook]: Did you just go out?

    It just so happened that she came looking herself, so he could ask.

    She was typing for a long time.

    Jungkook was a man of little patience, but he had gotten used to her typing speed. With music playing in his ears, he wasn’t in a hurry. Looking at the “the other party is typing….” displayed at the top, he was actually quite looking forward to it.

    After a while, his phone vibrated.

    [Deer OO]: Σ(っ°Д °;)っ……

    Jungkook: “………”

    He suddenly couldn’t hold back his laughter. His back pressed against the leather backrest of the seat, he laughed silently, unable to suppress it.

    He could even imagine that she had typed quite a few words on the other end of the phone, wanting to probe how he knew, or to ask if he saw her, but finally deleted them all.

    A thousand words, conveyed in a single expression.

    Damn.

    Why was it so funny?

    After laughing, he looked down and typed: See you tomorrow.

    ***

    They had seven days off starting the first of October. Lisa asked Eunha, and Eunha said it was fine to come on the second and seventh.

    The second was yesterday. She had already gone, which meant she was free the four days after today.

    When Lisa was watching a rerun of last night’s eight o’clock dog drama, which was reaching a critical moment, the doorbell rang.

    The hero and heroine were arguing. She was anxious, but couldn’t not answer the door, so she picked up the remote control, turned the volume to the maximum, before jogging to open the door.

    Seeing the person outside through the peephole, she froze for a moment before opening the door.

    The person outside the door was wearing a black hoodie. The light in the corridor was dark, which made his facial features more defined, and his well-shaped eyes were glowing with light. She blurted out, “Senior?”

    “Mm,” He raised his left hand, “it’s-“

    Before he could finish the rest of his sentence, a woman’s scream suddenly came from the living room: “…… I’ll tell you the truth! It’s not your child at all! You can die in my heart!”

    Lisa was originally still staring at him, but now, as if her acupuncture point was unlocked, she was shocked and said, “Senior, the slippers are here. You change first!”

    “Mm.” Jungkook turned around to close the door behind him. After changing his shoes, he looked up: “Alright.”

    As soon as his words left his mouth, she immediately ran back to the living room.

    Jungkook: “……”

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)