Chapter 33 Part 3

When they got to the classroom, there were still ten minutes before class.

    Lisa sat in her usual seat. Jungkook took a seat next to her, watching as she unzipped her backpack and pulled out her usual things.

    Pen, water bottle, notebook, PowerPoint.

    “Lalisa,” he called her: “Next week’s sports competition. Are you participating in an event?”

    C University’s sports competition this year was, like years prior, still at the end of October. However, the days of the competition were chosen especially well. Scheduled for next Wednesday to Friday, it happened to cancel two sections of French, leaving everyone in a pleasant mood.

    He was just casually asking, but to his surprise, Lisa’s eyes lit up and she instantly came to life.

    “Events that I’m participating in,” Her entire body seemed full of energy, “I want to run in the relay, and also the high jump and long jump.”

    “…”

    His eyes quickly swept her up and down.

    With such a small build and thin wrists and calves, her? High jump and long jump?

    Perhaps the questioning look in his eyes was too obvious. Lisa’s mouth slightly curved up, somewhat dissatisfied, “Don’t look at me like that, Senior. If you don’t believe it, come watch my match ah.”

    Jungkook froze.

    The next second, he nodded: “Okay, I’ll go.”

    Lisa picked up the breakfast she bought from the dining hall. She ate while asking him, “What about you?”

    “…” The sports competition. He, in fact, did not participate last year.

    But he didn’t answer immediately, asking her: “If I do, you’ll come to cheer for me?”

    Lisa stopped chewing and her eyes widened: “Of course!” As if she was afraid that he didn’t believe her, she nodded again: “I would definitely go!”

    After saying that, she was about to turn her head, but then, as if remembering something, she ahh’ed.

    Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

    She first gave him a copy of the PowerPoint on the table.

    Then, she reached into her small school bag, dug around, and pulled out a slightly familiar square-shaped thing, placing it next to her own notebook.

    Not finished yet.

    Lisa continued to dig around, pulling out something with the same shape as the previous thing, and put it on his desk.

    Jungkook’s eyes fell.

     A rectangular box, a transparent straw stuck to it, light pink, and in packaging with a lot of cartoon strawberries.

    [Berry Berry Milk]

    The advertising words were still just as eye-catching.

    He stared at the three words, remembering when he last drank it. Her voice came to his ears, “Last time, I saw that you seemed to… really like drinking it, so I bought it.”

    “…”

    “And then I forgot it earlier. If I had remembered earlier, I wouldn’t have needed to get soy milk…”

    “…”

    Jungkook turned his head and saw that the little girl was a little embarrassed. However, she asked with her dark eyes crystal-bright: “Senior, do you like it?”

    He paused, and then looked at the pink milk on the table.

    Suddenly, a sense of helplessness arose.

    Jungkook’s entire body leaned against the seat’s backrest as he released a low, not so obvious sigh.

    He didn’t know what others were like when they liked a girl.

    But he figured that he was a little f*cking abnormal, right?

    Otherwise, how would he, from just looking at this ridiculous milk carton she gave, actually feel so extremely happy???

    Lisa saw him leaning there, unmoving, for a long time. Swiftly chewing and swallowing the food in her mouth, she was about to speak—

    Then she saw him move.

   Jungkook raised his left hand and rubbed his face. Straightening up and tearing open the straw, he inserted it into the hole, making a ripping sound.

    Then, he brought the finished milk to her mouth.

    The straw touched her lips. The feeling was too familiar, and Lisa reflexively opened her mouth to take it in.

    When his hand applied pressure, the box was squeezed and the pale pink milk climbed through the transparent straw, emptying into her mouth without losing a drop.

    This series of movements was not fast, but when the straw was brought to her, Lisa froze at once.

    Because it was completely unexpected, she also completely didn’t resist.

    Her eyes were wide.

    Her mouth was full of the familiar and beloved strawberry milk taste.

    Jungkook was holding the milk carton while answering her, “Like it.”

    His other hand was still propping up his chin. After a short while, he pulled the straw away from her mouth. Lisa swallowed the milk that was inexplicably fed to her mouth, and watched as he placed the Berry Berry Milk back on the table.

    Her eyes moved from his long, slender hands to his face again.

    His eyes were filled with light. They were curved, staring at her, as he smiled at her for a reason she didn’t understand, “Like it to death.”