Chapter 23 Part 1

After National Day, except for the unlucky hundreds of people taking French as an elective, the rest of the school’s students were pretty much happy.

    Lisa learned from Jennie who was a permanent resident on the forum that according to C University’s usual schedule, the annual orientation banquet was held in mid-October. After that, the sports competition was held at the end of October. Because the two events happened one after another, every October, the students of C University all felt that they were playing the whole month. So, whether people were participating in these two events or not, they basically had a better time this month compared to other months.

    The 6th happened to be a Sunday. Unlike previous years when school resumed on the 8th, classes started on the 7th this year, which was one day less.

    In the dormitory, Jennie and Joy couldn’t open their sleepy eyes, but had to get up early to attend their first major class, because the teacher was the famous Exterminator of C University.

    The school’s policy was that as long as they attended the class enough times, a student could get credit from the regular exams.

    If the amount of times they skipped class was within the allowed range, the Exterminator would also let students take the exam. It was only that for the Exterminator’s exams, skipping class would reduce the impression points, and the consequence of reduced impression points…

    The result was that for group presentation points and usual performance points, the grade would drop a whole letter grade.

    So, the applied math class that no one dared to skip were the two consecutive large lecture classes on Monday morning.

    During the break between classes, the students would lie down to sleep on their desks. The scene was as spectacular as the cramming and reviewing period during the last year of high school.

    Lisa was dumbfounded. Her line of sight happened to fall on a boy giving a gigantic yawn.

    She was instantly infected, covering her mouth as she also yawned.

    Her eyes immediately became blurred with tears. She drew out a tissue from her school bag to wipe her tears, not daring to look around randomly.

    Infected like this, she suddenly felt that she was actually a little sleepy.

    Yesterday afternoon, after learning a whole afternoon of French, her knowledge increased quite a lot. Jungkook had lectured for nearly two hours.

    And that little episode in the middle…

    She remembered that Jungkook smiled with evil intentions and suddenly pinched her face. The temperature on her face was rising higher and higher, and finally…

    Finally, his thumb and index finger pinched her face before letting go.

    Not lightly but not forcefully, pinching her face.

    “……”

    Recalling that scene, Lisa swiftly raised her hands to cover her face, feeling vaguely that her face was going to get hot again.

    After that, her mind became muddled, but Senior Jungkook had begun to continue lecturing, his face like usual.

    She also didn’t ask him why he suddenly did that.

    Also forgetting to ask him what he meant by “good job”.

    Last night, before going to bed, she laid on her side. Her face was pressed against the pillow, but she could always still feel the two tender, cool fingers.

    After this thought came to her, she immediately lost all sleepiness.

    Her mind was jolted awake. She tossed and turned for a long time before falling asleep.

    Sigh. What was this…

    Lisa was a bit absent-minded after thinking. She couldn’t hold back, and yawned again.

    After the Exterminator’s class, they went to the dining hall to finish eating and the group of people went back to the dormitory. Because they had one hour before their afternoon class, it wasn’t enough time to sleep. They might as well play on their phones a bit and chat.

    “Jen,” Joy, who usually stayed in Lisa’s bed when she wasn’t sleeping, leaned against Lisa and asked the person on the opposite bed, “How many performances are on the program for the orientation party?”

    “Oh, you’re talking about our club ah.” Jennie counted on her fingers, “There should be… five or six.”

    “Is there something I should be looking forward to?”

    “There is ah!” Jennie instantly became spirited: “They said Jeon Jungkook’s going to go and perform! Totally confirmed! Jeon Shuai! He admitted it himself!”

    “…… Oh.”

    Joy actually didn’t quite understand why Jeon Jungkook simply existed like an idol in C University. Moreover, she had never seen the man himself. Not only was she not interested, she was also bewildered, “Whenever you mention him, why are you always so excited…”

    Jennie clicked her tongue, rolled over, and sat up to answer her doubts: “After I joined, I heard from some senior sisters in the club last year say that Senior Jungkook is so famous on the forum precisely because there was a performance recorded of the club. The video was posted, in high-definition with a close-up. However, he seemed to be quite angry afterward and the video was also deleted… sigh…”

    Joy nodded.

    Still without much interest, she played with Lisa’s hair, then asked: “And? Going back to the thing before, how many other people are performing for the music club program.”

    Jennie thought for a moment: “The vice president is also going to be on stage.”

    Joy’s hand paused.

    “It’s actually the same person you met. Kim Taehyung ah,” At this point, Jennie seemed like she was recalling something. She slapped her thigh, “Hey, how do you know our vice president ah Caicai? Lili and I kept forgetting to ask you! Tell us, tell us ah!”

    Joy’s body stiffened for a moment.

    Not only Jennie, but Lisa and Cool Brother were also staring at her.

    She put down the soft hair in her hand, meeting the three curious eyes of the dormitory, and braced herself to speak: “It was just… one Friday, the bar set up an event. I went there to play, he also went, and so… we became acquainted. “

    Joy was afraid that they would question further and ask for details. She immediately changed the subject, “Ah, not to hide it from you guys, I also have to perform on stage!”

    “Perform what ah?”

    “Kickflipping.”

    “…… What?”

    “I’ll find you a picture ah.” Joy searched on her phone, then went to Jennie’s bed, “Here, something like this.”

    “Wow…”

    The sound of the two talking echoed in the dormitory. Lisa thought about Jennie’s words just now, a little lost in thought.

    She said that Senior Jungkook was going to perform on stage…

    She leaned against the headboard. Sitting underneath the soft quilt, her fingers habitually played with her hair. She tilted her head, and looked at the wooden grain of the bed planks above.

    Suddenly she had a bit of anticipation.

    Like the kind of feeling she had when she saw him again after not seeing him for a few days. A tiny, yet clear emotion.

    Her head automatically imagined Su Lin’s usual uninterested appearance.

    She didn’t know what a person like him would perform.

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)