Chapter 20 Part 1

The merry-go-round was only three minutes long.

    When the piano song was playing, more than a minute had passed, so “Boat Tracker’s Love” had just over a minute left.

    But Jungkook felt that he’d never gone through such torment.

    After scolding Taehyung, his phone vibrated like crazy in his pocket. It was definitely the idiot replying.

    He ignored it.

    He leaned against the ship’s backrest, and straightened his legs, allowing his black sneakers to rest on the top of the plank. With this kind of music as background music, he closed his eyes, recalling this past month of knowing her.

    A lot of clips were played in his mind like a montage.

    It seemed that from their first meeting…. he couldn’t exactly say what happened, but in short, it seemed that a lot of things happened that definitely didn’t give Lisa a good impression of him.

    Jungkook shook his head, and suddenly a sense of frustration arose.

    He didn’t want to go on like this, but…. He didn’t know how to make their relationship progress.

    Lisa was becoming more and more familiar and more and more lively in front of him. He could feel that, most of the time, she was already very open in front of him.

    But, this could be how someone acted toward a friend.

    He seemed to have never been so set on something, so attached, so out of his control. When he thought about it now, he felt like there’s a stone pressing on his chest.

    Finally, when the loud country song finished playing, and the boat below him stopped in mid-air for a moment, he even felt a sense of relief.

    Jungkook got off the boat in silence. Lisa got off the horse in silence. Until the two left the [Deceptive Merry-Go-Round] site, the two were still silent.

    Lisa followed him for a while, feeling that she should take the initiative to say something to break the silence.

    Before she could say anything, Jungkook stopped in his tracks.

    He hung his head, as if taking a deep breath, before raising his head and asking her, “Do you…. still want to play?”

    “……”

    Lisa simply couldn’t believe what she’d heard.

    Just now on that deceptive-to-death merry-go-round, when she rode on the back of the horse, she’d been secretly observing Jungkook’s expression.

    He took out his phone at that time, his hands texting so quickly she didn’t know what he sent. After locking the phone, he began to frown and pinch the bridge of his nose.

   …. Clearly his face was white with anger.

    She entirely felt that he would come out and get angry at her. After all, she was the one who wanted to come and play on that merry-go-round.

    But he didn’t.

    Not only did he not, but he also controlled temper and asked her pleasantly if she wanted to go play something else….?

    Lisa looked at the time displayed on her phone’s lock screen, “Senior, are you hungry? How about we…. go and eat first?”

    His tense nerves loosened up and he nodded, “Okay.”