Chapter 22 Part 3

Lisa’s gaze fell to the table, looking at the book cover, a little lost in thought.

    When he was lecturing her just now, every sentence was to the point, not at all long-winded, without a word of nonsense. It inexplicably reminded her of the legendary tale Jennie told her at the beginning of the school year, when he helped his classmates guess the questions that would show up on the test.

    She believed it completely now.

    But because of this, she was somewhat unconvinced by another rumor.

    “Senior, can I ask you something?”

    “Hm?” Jungkook raised his eyes.

    “Senior, why did you retake the elective course?”

    Lisa had been curious for a long time.

    From the last quiz when he helped her review, she felt that Senior Jungkook studied really superbly. How could he have failed the class?

    After asking the question, she saw Jungkook’s movements suddenly pause, the look in his eyes instantly becoming complicated. She hurriedly explained: “Um, the main things is that I heard others say that you slept through the exam…”

    “……”

    “I don’t think you look like you would, ah. They were saying nonsense, right?” She added with a frown.

    “………”

    Fuck.

    Who said that???

    Although tempted to ask, Jungkook swallowed the water in his mouth and said without batting an eyelid, “Mm, they’re talking nonsense.”

    After thinking about it, he added: “I was… not there because I had a fever.”

    “Ohhh,” Lisa nodded, looking as if that was a matter of course. She agreed earnestly, “I thought so.”

    “……”

   Jungkook thought that they were done with this topic.

    He unscrewed his water cap and took another sip of water. Her voice came again from next to him—

    “Then senior, when you fail a course, our course doesn’t give make-up exams?”

    “……?!”

    In that split second, the water that had just entered his mouth went down the wrong pipe. After he swallowed it, he coughed twice before suppressing the itch in his throat.

    “…… What’s wrong, what’s wrong, senior!” Lisa’s voice was a little anxious, “You, you, you take it easy! Speak slowly!”

    “……”

   … Speak slowly?

    What to say.

    I blame you for picking up my keys. It sealed my fate, making me miss the make-up exam, so I failed the class and now I have to come and study for the damn college midterm.

    Or maybe it should be.

    Thanks for picking up my keys. I didn’t have to take a make-up exam and retake French so I could meet you.

    He suddenly wanted to laugh a little.

    In fact, that day, after knowing that she picked it up, at first, his mood was still very complicated. Because according to his original intention, after knowing who it was, he was wondering how he’d…

    Although the person who picked up his keys was in the right, he met Yang Chuan, this freak…

    That anger had nowhere to vent.

    In the end, it was her.

    His way of thinking did a 180 at once.

    Fail then fail. It was just one more course to learn.

    Wasn’t French quite useful? It was elegant, and could be used for future travels. The teacher was a little strict, but that meant they could be proficient. It was practically perfect.

    And, most importantly.

    There was her.

    Just thinking about it that way, the matter simply couldn’t make more sense.

    “Lalisa.”

    Before answering her question, he suddenly called out to her. Lisa replied reflexively, “Hm?”

    “Did you ever pick up a key.” It sounded like a question, but Jungkook used a definite tone.

    Lisa blinked and vaguely remembered that sometime during the start of the school year she had picked up a key.

    She gave an “ah”.

    After a while, she asked him: “But, senior… how did you know?”

    “You don’t need to know how I know.”

    After saying this sentence.

    He suddenly lowered his head, curled his lips, and smiled.

    Lisa couldn’t find an accurate adjective to describe what kind of smile it was. It looked a little helpless, a little defeated, and a little happy.

    In a word, it was a complex smile.

    But it was extraordinarily good-looking.

    A faint light surfaced in his eyes. The right side of his lips curved a little higher than the left, a little different from his usual carelessness: containing teasing, it revealed a youthful mischievousness .

    It was the kind that made you feel like he was about to do something bad.

    Sure enough.

    The next second—

    Jungkook suddenly stretched out his right hand and quickly and accurately pinched her left cheek.

    The temperature of his fingers was slightly cooler than the skin on her face. Mildly cool, without using too much strength, and also a little comfortable.

    “?!”

    Lisa astonishedly watched with widened eyes, seeing him come closer and closer, his handsome face without flaws almost within her reach.

    “I just wanted to let you know.” His voice was low. Because he had just drunk water, there was still a bright layer of light on his lips. His eyes fixed at her, and said his next words slowly.

    —”Good job.”

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)