Chapter 30 Part 2

The supermarket was not far from the auditorium, so it didn’t take long before they arrived at the place. Jungkook followed behind the excited little girl, ignoring several female clerks’ gazes glued to him, slowly and leisurely wandering to the freezer section.

    Lisa quickly picked out her favorite, gleefully hurrying: “Senior, I’ve chosen. Let’s go go go checkout.”

   Jungkook looked over.

    He was just trying to guess. The little girl loved everything, so she would certainly eat something especially cute—

    What the f*ck????

    What was that in her hand?

    He squinted and carefully identified the item.

    Old, pop, sickle?

    “……” Walking to the cash register, he lowered his voice and asked her once again, “You really want this?”

    She nodded her head without hesitation.

    Jungkook looked up and asked the clerk: “How much is it?”

    The clerk looked at him with a very complicated look: “One yuan.”

    Jungkook: “……”

    He didn’t say anything. After paying a yuan, he took the old popsicle and handed it to Lisa, and the two of them left the supermarket side by side.

    Lisa walked to the trash can and couldn’t wait to tear open the package. Looking at her technique, she seemed to have done this countless times.

    The old popsicle was pure white, on a stick as it was named, simply just a popsicle.

    Lisa’s eating method is actually quite ordinary.

    That is, first licking it a little then biting down afterward. Sometimes, due to the cold, her face would wrinkle. Compared to before she ate, her lips were redder and glossier.

    Obviously quite ordinary.

    Normal people also ate ice cream this way.

    Jungkook stood beside her, but his mouth went dry watching her.

    He cleared his throat in order to divert her attention. Even though he had nothing to say, he found something: “Lalisa, you weren’t trying to save me money and picked the cheapest, right?”

    “No, ah.” The little girl took the popsicle out of her mouth and sighed: “When I was in high school, it was sold near home for 50 cents apiece…”

    “……”

    “Now, it’s actually double ah…”

    Jungkook: “……”

    Jungkook decided to shut up and quietly wait for her to finish eating.

    Lisa ate it quickly. Three or four minutes later, only the bare stick was left in her hand.

    An ice cream later, it really achieved the effect she wanted.

    On the road back as Jungkook sent her back to the dormitory, she wasn’t hot at all.

    On the contrary, chills began to her roll over her body, especially from her abdomen. She felt burst of slight pain, with a bit of cramping.

    Maybe it was too cold and irritated her stomach and intestines?

    After all, her aunt was always on time, and should be coming three days later.

    She didn’t pay much attention, rubbing her arms as she walked, trying to warm up—

    When there was a sudden weight on her body.

    She froze for a moment. Stopping in her tracks, she stilled and looked over.

    Jungkook took off his jacket, leaving only the white shirt on his upper body, his hair a bit messier than before. The moonlight shone on him, making his clothes and skin appear all the more white.

    His expression was not quite natural. Seeing her continuing to stare at him, he clicked his tongue.

    “What are you looking at,” He stretched out a hand to the suit jacket where her back was, and pushed her forward: “Hurry back to the dormitory. So late into autumn, why eat popsicles…”

    “……”

    Her whole body began to gradually warm up.

    She was surrounded by the familiar refreshing scent and felt as if even her stomach wasn’t so uncomfortable.

    Lisa tightened his jacket around her.

    Her features softened into a silent smile.

  ***

    After the orientation party came to an end, Vice President Kim’s busyness had finally come to an end.

    All along, he hadn’t forgotten that on Wednesday, or perhaps Friday, he had to sit in on their French class and catch Jungkook’s little sweetheart. Especially after, on the day of the orientation party, he actually caught Jungkook’s kabedon scene.

    Taehyung couldn’t hold himself back.

    With his recent idleness, he had been frequenting the forum every day and had witnessed Jungkook’s second wave of popularity.

    The full video version of his song “Luv Letter” was showered with hearts and stuck at the top of the music group’s board and never came down.

    As for the posts about him in the gossip group, the number was even more innumerable. After all, C University was a gathering place for top students, but the number of students studying art and sports was still very large. With them, the traffic on the forum was very considerable.

    Besides, who could say that the top students didn’t also like Jeon Jungkook?

    Finally, it was finally Wednesday afternoon. Taehyung had anticipated that Jungkook would not let him follow, so he didn’t let Jungkook know in advance. He even armed himself with a disposable mask he bought last night before leaving the dormitory.

    When he arrived at the lecture hall, he was very self-aware of his ‘sit-in’ student identity, sitting in the farthest corner of the last row. As soon as he sat down, he buried his head and played with his phone, trying to reduce his presence.

    There were still ten minutes left before class.

    In the classroom, most of the seats were filled with people, and he still didn’t see Jungkook.

    He told himself, when it came to Jungkook, it was his habit to be late.

    There were still five minutes to go.

    In the classroom, excluding the frontmost few rows, the back rows were empty, and Jungkook still hadn’t come.

    He felt… he would wait a little longer.

    Until the teacher walked in with a book in hand and began to call the roll.

    Jungkook still hadn’t come!

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)