Chapter 33 Part 1

Jungkook’s obsession with this matter stemmed from a how-to guide.

    He’d just finished reading it in class before Lisa sent a WeChat saying she wanted to re-record the interview video.

    Teaching people how to chase girls, the how-to guide was praised by countless people.

    [Strategy One: start with the name.]

    [If you have a position or title, and she only calls you class monitor, squad leader, group leader, president, or a lousy senior.

    Then you have to pay attention as this is definitely not a good sign. The first thing you have to do is have her change the way she calls you.

    No matter what, the girl you like should know your full name at least.]

    Jungkook thought back carefully.

    It was true that he hadn’t been called by his name.

    “…”

    The lousy senior felt particularly distressed at that time.

    In that instant, he wasn’t even in the mood to continue reading on.

    So after seeing her, especially when hearing her call others “Senior” without any hesitation, he immediately thought of this article, feeling annoyed to death.

    However, Jungkook also felt that he was baffling.

    What else could she call them if not Senior? Old Wang, Old Li?

    But he was just annoyed.

    Suddenly, he just wanted to hear what it’d be like when she… called his name.

    Sure enough, ah.

    Extremely f*cking nice.

    Jungkook looked at the little girl in front of him.

    Hearing his words, she first quickly looked up and swept him a glance, before quickly lowering her eyes. She turned aside and walked away from him with her head down. Her shoulder also knocked his arm, “Hurry up, senior!”

    He looked at her back as she sped far away, and couldn’t control his lips from curling up.

    Til now, he didn’t know how many times he’d been called his name. By classmates, by teachers, by family members, when talking, when being confessed to, when fighting, or when being disciplined.

    It had never been like this.

    Jungkook ruffled his hair, licked his lower lip, and softly cursed.

    It practically gave him an electric shock.

    “Lalisa Manoban.” He took a few steps to catch up with the little girl. Looking at her reddened ears hidden under her hair, he was like an addict: “You call again.”

    “…” She buried her head even lower.

    “If you don’t say it—I won’t give you an interview.”

    Hearing the words.

    Lisa’s footsteps stopped for a moment.

    She swiftly raised her head, the slight blush on her face not yet faded. Her pair of deer eyes were clear and transparent, open to their very widest, full of disbelief.

    The two stared at each other for half a minute.

    Lisa admitted defeat.

    “Oh…” the little girl looked as if she had released a breath. Looking at the ground, she obediently called out again, "Jungkook.”

    This time, it was faster, more blunt, and smoother than the last time.

    But still very soft.

    Still nice to hear.

    Still made his scalp tingle.

    She seemed to be afraid that he would say something else. Directly reaching out to grab the sleeve of his sweatshirt, she pulled him forward, “Hey, hurry up ah, senior…”

    Jungkook looked at her white hand and small, slender fingers on his arm.

    He thought he’d gotten sick. Because, just by being called his f*cking name.

    How could he be silly and happy like this?

    Her voice a moment ago kept replaying in his ears.

    Her voice was soft and sweet, he knew that.

    After hearing it often, he even thought he was used to it.

    But when she called “Jeon Jungkook”—

    Jungkook felt that even if he was notified right now that his thesis advisor was Yang Chuan, as long as it was Lisa calling his name and informing him, he could smile and accept it calmly and say thank you.

   … f*ck, it was terrible.

    It was f*cking crazy.

  -

    The interview video only composed of a few questions.

    The first time, Lisa had a slip of the tongue. Since they had just begun recording, she decided to simply delete it and start over.

    They quickly finished the second time; the whole thing was over in ten minutes.

    The classroom the two were in wasn’t the same as where the last scholarship interview took place, but the position was exactly the same. Still directly facing the door with his back to the window, it was the position with the best lighting.

    She sat behind the table, so Jungkook dragged a chair from under the next table and sat opposite her.

    The two were separated by a table.

    Saving the video and taking a glance up, Lisa’s line of sight met his midair.

    Lisa froze.

    Then she looked down to cover it up, fiddling with her phone again. During which, her hands messed up and the phone nearly fell to the floor, “Senior, you want to watch the video again? I’m going to hand it over to my roommate tonight.”

    “No.”

    Look at his own face for what.

    In fact, now that the video had been recorded, normally, they should go.

    But if Lisa didn’t mention it, he certainly wouldn’t mention it.

    Jungkook’s legs bounced under the table. Supporting his head with one hand, he just watched her fiddle with the phone with her eyes down.

    He remembered what happened yesterday and the post that someone had posted.

    He tentatively called out, “Lili.”

    “…” She didn’t move as if she didn’t hear.

    He then called out, "Lili?”

    “…” Her ears twitched a little. Her eyes were still looking at the phone screen, but her curled eyelashes trembled slightly.

    Jungkook looked at her like this and smiled a little.

    Then said, “Lalisa Manoban.”

    The person across the table looked up at once: “… What’s up, Senior?”

    “Have you seen-“

    He stopped in the middle of the sentence. Thinking about it, he changed his wording, “Do you usually read the forum?”

    “!!!”