Chapter 4 Part 1

When Jungkook returned to the dormitory, it was around four o’clock.

  He pushed open the door of the dormitory and bumped into his three roommates who were preparing to go out.

  Both sides were taken aback.

  Taehyung was wearing sportswear, holding a basketball in his right hand and a water bottle hanging from his left.

  “Kook,” He quickly snapped back to attention and patted the basketball he was holding, “Come play ball, ah? Together.”

  “With who?”

  “The ones from the International Trade 1 department. They happened to be free.”

  “……”

  Jungkook was silent for a while.

  Not long after, he nodded: “Okay, I’ll change my clothes.”

  Everyone in dorm 401 were in the finance department1.

  Second semester of their freshman year, their physical education course coincidentally happened to be alongside the international trade department. The two groups of people played basketball a few times and felt they were evenly matched. After a whole semester, they could be considered familiar with one another.

  At four or five o’clock in the afternoon, there were very few people doing sports since most majors either had club activities or required courses.

  The basketball court was empty, and the two sides played to their heart’s content. In the end, they didn’t keep score, playing just for fun.

  They stopped only at mealtime.

  Jungkook finished his bottle of water just as the international trade department’s forward came over to tease him, “I haven’t seen Jk for a whole summer, and your playing style’s become more aggressive.”

  If it wasn’t an interception followed by a slam dunk, it was a three-pointer, both impossible to guard against.

  Jungkook just finished playing ball and was in a good mood.

  He hooked the corners of his lips, sweat dripping down the sides of his forehead, and his tone was warm and mild, “It’s you who was weak.”

  “……”

  These few seniors chatted about mundane matters as they left the stadium. Passing the dining hall, Jungkook slowed his steps.

  He narrowed his eyes and settled on one spot.

  In front of him, his elective course seatmate was holding hands with the girl next to her, turning the corner towards the dining hall.

  She didn’t change out of her t-shirt and skirt, just adding a knitted pure-white cardigan over it. Her long blonde hair hung down over it, only exposing her white and slender calves.

  The whole person looked very soft.

  Lisa and the person beside her chatted and laughed as they entered the dining hall.

  Seeing her, Jungkook remembered the incident from two hours ago.

  After he was asked a question, the book she quickly pushed over had two lines written on it.

  “Choose 1”

  “2 means sorry.”

  A very comprehensible answer.