Chapter 15

The room was quiet. Except for Grandpa Manoban disinfecting the needles and the occasional rustling of clothes, no one spoke.  

  Old Zhongyi Manoban stared at the youth lying on the massage table for a while.  

  This child was really handsome but on his forehead, was that…. sweat?

  Was he scared?

  If scared, why did he come with his granddaughter to get treatment?  

  Old Zhongyi Manoban criticized him inwardly but his hands didn’t stop their actions, and his mouth wasn’t idle: “Youngsters nowadays, ah. Medicine is too bitter, acupuncture is too painful. Aiya, afraid of this and scared of that. Why come to get traditional medicine?”  

  But in fact, what he just said was true.

  His words were right. Jungkook’s wet hair was blown for so long by the evening breeze. If he could somehow not get a headache, that was good luck. For traditional medicine, the focus was on conditioning one’s body. Such an intense and aggressive wind entered his body and triggered his headache. The best way was to directly stimulate the acupuncture points to drain the moisture and gas.  

  But Old Zhongyi Manoban didn’t want to explain that.

  Young people’s mental states could be honed.  

  “……”

  Jungkook felt that Grandpa Manoban’s words seemed to hint at something.  

  Old Zhongyi’s Manoban words were reasonable, and he could still see the edge of Lisa’s white skirt out of the corner of his eye.

  Jungkook closed his eyes, trying desperately to make mental preparations.

  But his mind still couldn’t stop envisioning the bloody scene of needles piercing into his skull, and there was even a scary voiceover echoing in his ear.  

  There seemed to be a saying that in the traditional medicine profession: the older your doctor was, the more popular they were. There were also people who said that looking at the white color of their hair and listening to their elderly voice could make their heart feel more stable.  

  …… They were all deceiving liars.

  He still f*cking panicked.  

  “Grandpa,” Lisa suddenly broke the silence, her slippers shuffling as she walked to the tableside. She looked at him, “Um, do you have to do acupuncture? Can’t he drink medicine?”  

  There was nothing to criticize about Old Zhongyi Manoban’s medical skills. After closing his own clinic, his old patients still referred large numbers of people to come seek treatment, with eight out of ten patients requiring acupuncture. After spending the summer at her grandfather’s house, she was no longer surprised by anything.  

  But….

  Just now, Lisa moved beside the two and could see Jungkook’s movements clearly. From the beginning, he arrived looking very uncomfortable, looking very unspirited.

  And now….

  She felt that she had known Senior Jungkook for a month, but when grandpa revealed the row of needles for a moment, it was probably when she saw his eyes opened that wide.  

  She didn’t know why, but she recalled his usual calm look. Even when called on to answer questions he didn’t know how to answer, there was little change in his expression.