Chapter 8 Part 2

Early Wednesday morning.

  Lisa followed the address and phone number given by Joy and found the family’s neighborhood without any problems.

  The meeting went very well, and the surprise and satisfaction in the other party’s eyes was obvious when they heard about her high school and college entrance exam results.

  After successfully determining the tutoring schedule, Lisa went back to school. Counting the time spent on the road, the whole round trip only added up to an hour and a half.

  She felt that everything seemed to be going too smoothly today.

  As expected, she was unlucky in the afternoon.

  Although Lisa had reminded herself that she should listen well in class every day, there were always times when her thoughts would be absent-minded.

  In French class, Yang Chuan’s voice was so uncompelling that the thoughts in her head had already wandered far away long before she even realized it.

  Then-

  “Lisa, you answer.”

  Then she was ordered to get up and answer the question.

  Lisa sat blankly for a few seconds. Resigned to her fate, she stood up and was about to say that she didn’t know.

  There was a slight touch on her left hand.

  She lowered her eyes and instantly saw a white paper on the table with French on it.

  She read it out as it was written, and Yang Chuan nodded his head in satisfaction.

  Until she sat down, she was still in a bit of a daze.

  —

  The campus in the evening was enveloped by warm yellow sunlight, and there were a few clouds in the horizon that were extraordinarily beautiful.

  Just now after class, she was walking and found Jungkook following behind her who said that he happened to be going the same way as her.

  Lisa was empty-handed, only having a backpack on her back.

  She looked at the person beside her.

  He was holding a printout he had just used during class. He didn’t carry a backpack, only holding his phone.

  His face was expressionless, and she didn’t know what he was thinking.

  The two of them didn’t talk much on the way.

  Arriving in the vicinity of the dining hall, the campus’s milk tea shop’s business was particularly lively.

  The moment she saw it, Lisa immediately stopped moving.

  She forgot to bring a bottle of water to class today. When she saw the milk tea store, she wasn’t especially thirsty but was recalling the sweet taste of milk tea and inexplicably wanted to have it.

  She turned her head to look at Jungkook, “Senior, you can go first.”

  Jungkook stared blankly: “What’s up?”

  “I….” Lisa looked at the milk tea store, “I want to drink milk tea, but I’m guessing the line will be quite long….”

  After hearing this, nothing changed on his face, “Okay, then I’ll wait for you here.”

  “……”

  Him acting like this made Lisa feel not very good on the contrary.

  In addition, he was also her life-saving benefactor in French class today.

  Lisa felt that she could take this opportunity to express her gratitude.

  She asked, “Senior, do you like milk tea?”

  “Hm?” Jungkook didn’t understand.

  “Um,” Lisa’s cheeks were a little pink, her eyes somewhat dodging, “Um, to thank you for showing me the answers in class, can I treat you to milk tea….”

  “……”

  Jungkook felt that he was now feeling like he won the lottery.

  No.

  He quickly denied it in his heart.

  Winning the lottery couldn’t make him as happy as this.

  She blushed, looking a little shy, saying she wanted to treat him to drink milk tea.

  The little girl’s hair was draped behind her, revealing the extraordinarily soft lines of her side profile as her long eyelashes blinked and blinked.

  He suddenly felt a piece of his heart collapse.

  He licked his lips, his Adam’s apple rolling: “Okay.”

  Hearing his answer, she immediately turned around and bounced towards the milk tea store.

  Jungkook’s eyes had been fixed on the charm on her school bag, a white bunny that bounced with her movements.

  Exactly like its owner.

  —

  Ten minutes later, the big rabbit and the little rabbit came back.

  Jungkook looked at Lisa’s obviously slow pace and was a little confused.

  She was coming toward him at practically turtle speed.

  Only when she got closer did Jungkook see that she was carrying only a cup of milk tea in her hand.

  She seemed to have noticed his line of sight.

  At once, Lisa moved the milk tea behind her.

  -Hiding it away.

  Jungkook: “……”

  Jungkook: ????

  What was the meaning of this action like a mother protecting its calf?

  Didn’t she just say she would buy him a drink?

  “Senior….” Lisa lifted her head. Her thin brow slightly frowned, looking very anxious.

  “I didn’t bring enough money, so I could only buy a cup….”

  “……”

  “I’m really sorry, senior,” Lisa bit her pink lips, raised her empty hand and tucked her hair, “Can I treat you next time?”

  She tilted her head, blinking her big black eyes at him and swallowed her saliva; a strong sense of longing shone through her serious face.

  —“I really, really wanted to drink milk tea today.”

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)