Chapter 14 Part 1

Jungkook finished his milk tea before going upstairs. The sweet taste left in his mouth was strong and didn’t dissipate.  

  Back in the dormitory, Taehyung and Jun looked like they were sitting on Taehyung’s bed playing games. Jimin wasn’t present, but the sound of water came from the bathroom, so he was presumably in the shower.  

  From the time he hung up the phone, his phone had been continuously buzzing. After he muted his phone, notifications kept popping up on his WeChat.  

  [Ms. Jeon invites you to voice chat]  

  “……”

  He rubbed the bridge of his nose and tapped decline.

  Then typed: What?  

  [Ms. Jeon]: Son! Are you being moody or something! You child, how can you say you’re going to hang up then actually hang up? Mom still hasn’t told you how I chased after your father! You don’t want to hear it?  

  “……”

  She chased his father, and he was chasing someone else. Their genders were swapped; obviously there was absolutely nothing to learn from her advice.

  After deliberating for a while, he returned a string of ellipses.  

  [Jungkook]:…..  

  The other side quickly replied.  

  [Ms. Jeon]: You don’t want to hear it? Or do you not believe in my cheat code? Mom is telling you, what girls can’t bear the most is when guys show weakness.

  ……

  ………

  Ms. Jeon]: Ah Kook???

  [Ms. Jeon]: Quickly ask me how to show weakness????  

  “……”

  Jungkook exhaled a breath.

  Then typed: Well, how?  

  Ms. Jeon took a little longer to type this time.

  Then a large paragraph popped up at the bottom of his screen.  

  [Ms. Jeon]: For example, if you usually give girls the impression of being a very strong man, a man that gives her a sense of security, then you suddenly get sick, very sick, and show a different side of yourself than usual in front of her, she can’t help but feel a kind of  

  A kind of?

  Originally, Jungkook had only intended to give the screen a brief glance, but didn’t expect her advice to sound quite solid. He continued reading but as a result, she abruptly cut off at the most important part.  

  [Jungkook]: A kind of what?

  [Ms. Jeon]: Wait a minute. I couldn’t remember the word and was asking your dad about it.  

  “……”

  So he waited a few minutes.  

  [Ms. Jeon]: Your dad said that it’s called a feeling of heartache….

  [Ms. Jeon]: Why do I feel there’s something wrong about that….  

  More than wrong.

  When he saw those words, goosebumps popped out.  

  [Ms. Jeon]: Your father also said that one time in college, I had a stomachache or something. But, even though I was sick, I still went to give him breakfast. He was extremely moved at that time, and felt that I, your mom, was particularly lovable.