Chapter 25 Part 3

After these words, he said nothing more, secretly gritting his teeth and speeding up. He soon reached the area of the girls’ dormitory building.

    If he went further, there would be quite a few girls. Lisa still had lingering fears when she thought of the scene of his popularity in French class.

    “Senior, let me get down here. I’ll ask my roommate to come down and pick me up.”

    “Mm.”

    Jungkook himself was also afraid of that area in front.

    In freshman year, he accompanied the boss to the first floor of the girls’ dormitory. Just standing by the side, he was practically surrounded like an animal in the zoo.

    The boss was looking for him to be a wingman. In the end, things developed entirely beyond his expectations. The situation was messed up, and his desire to confess to the girl was gone. He furiously returned to the dormitory and was depressed for a week before he recovered.

    He carried Lisa to an ancient tree, and slowly set her down, “You be careful.”

    Underneath the old tree was a wooden bench. One of Lisa’s feet touched the ground, and she spun herself around. Situating herself, she sat down on the bench, tilted her head, and smiled at him: “Then, I’ll call my roommates now. Thank you so much for today ah, senior.”

    “It’s nothing.”

    Jungkook finished speaking and was about to take a step and leave, but suddenly remembered that today was Friday.

    Her condition right now was… very inconvenient.

    So he turned back around and lowered his head to look at her again, “Aren’t you going home today?”

    “Ah,” Lisa was stunned for a moment. She also just remembered, “Oh, right. Today’s Friday…”

    “…”

    She looked at her dangling foot. Thinking about it, even if she didn’t take the subway and took a taxi back instead, she couldn’t get out of the car and walk to the unit. Her grandparents were old, and though their bodies were healthy, she didn’t dare to make them come downstairs and carry her up.

    “It’s alright… I can’t go back by myself-“

    “Ah.” He interrupted her, “Who asked you to go back by yourself?”

    “…” Hmm?

    “I’ll send you, ah.” Jungkook simply sat on the other end of the bench.

    Although she was very light, no matter what, she was still ninety to a hundred pounds. He carried her for ten minutes, but on the way, he didn’t feel anything. Instead, he felt tired after he put her down.

    Lisa still hadn’t answered. With her head down, he didn’t know what she was thinking.

    He poked her arm: “Hm? Will you go home?”

    Lisa snapped out of it and turned her head to look at him.

    Because of the exercise just now, he had sweat on his forehead, and even his eyelashes were a little moist. Probably because it was hot, he rolled up the sleeves of his sweatshirt halfway, revealing the extremely good-looking contours of his arm muscles.

    She suddenly had an impulse.

    “Senior, you…”

    He raised an eyebrow: “Hm?”

    She plucked up her courage and suppressed the heat on her face: “Why are you… being so nice to me?”

    “…” The air froze for a moment.

    The moment Lisa asked, she saw his expression obviously change for a moment, but he quickly returned to his usual appearance. He smiled with slightly bent eyes, his voice clear and crisp: “Because of what you said, ah.”

    His arm wrapped around the backrest of the bench, and he slightly went closer to her: “The two of us have a good relationship.”

    Lisa: “…” She really seemed to have said that.

    Hearing this answer, she felt that she should be relieved. But, she didn’t know why a part of her heart had a bit of loss.

    Lisa lowered her head again, staring at the black screen of her phone that reflected her face.

    She didn’t understand… what she was expecting.

    Jungkook thought her sudden silence was her being embarrassed to trouble him. He straightforwardly proposed: “Didn’t you say before you would treat me to dinner?”

    “Hmm?”

    “There’s that plus me bringing you home,” He stretched out two fingers, making a “2”, then purposefully moved towards her a little: “Two meals, okay?”

    After saying that, Jungkook paid close attention to her expression.

    Lisa froze first.

    Then, she blinked, looked at him, and suddenly smiled.

    It was the kind of smile that… he rarely saw on her face. A smile that he couldn’t describe.

    Her big eyes curved into two crescents, the pupils full of light. Following his example, she raised her white and thin arm, put up two fingers next to her cheeks, and slightly tilted her head: “Mhm, two meals!”

    This time, the one who froze was him.

    He looked at the dimple that only appeared on the right side of the little girl’s face. It was small, asymmetrical with the left side of her face, but not at all incongruous.

    Her exposed pearly white teeth were small and straight. Because she was smiling, even her voice was sweet.

    Jungkook quickly turned his head to the side and pretended to look around.

    The hand that was on the armrest unconsciously touched the left side of his chest.

    The thumping from there spread to every corner of his body.

    He closed his eyes with some difficulty.

    Don’t fucking beat…

    Beat again, I’ll get a heart attack.

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)