Chapter 25 Part 1

After the school nurse finished changing her medicine, she went to the outer room. Only the two of them were left in the inner room.

    Lisa suspected that she was deaf.

    She swallowed and asked once more, “… What did you say?”

“I said, I’ll send you back to the dormitory,” Jungkook straightened up, “You choose, hug or carry, ah.”

    “…”

    He laughed a little, looking like he was teasing her, “It’s not as if… you’re going to hop back on one foot, right?”

    Lisa opened her mouth and closed it again.

The locations of the school nurse’s office, the stadium, and the dormitory was roughly in a triangle. Although she had a poor sense of direction and didn’t know the exact directions, she remembered the time spent on the road.

    The distance from here to the dormitory…

    If she hopped back on one foot, it was really a bit too far…

    She looked down at her feet.

    The shoes she wore today were with canvas laces. After her feet were wrapped in gauze, they could still be stuffed in, but the laces would be stretched high so she simply didn’t tie them.

    She tentatively stepped on the ground with her dangling foot.

    When the tip of her shoe landed on the ground, it was fine, but the moment the heel touched the ground, an aching and painful sensation immediately came from her ankle. She hurriedly lifted her leg and continued to let it dangle mid-air.

    She frowned.

    What should she do…

    “How did you get here?” Jungkook suddenly asked.

“Hmm?” Lisa took a second to react before answering, “Ah, Joy…” She wanted to say all her roommates’ names, but then realized he didn’t know them and changed her tune, “It was my roommates. The three of them took turns to carry me here. “

    He had little expression and nodded: “Oh.”

    Without impatience, still with a playful expression, “So, have you thought about it?”

    “…”

    Lisa was a little helpless.

    She previously thought he had a bike. Sitting in the back seat would be good; it’d save her from troubling her dormmates.

    She didn’t expect him to come like this and then also ask her…

    Piggyback or carry, choose one.

    Although she thought they were already quite familiar, wasn’t asking whether to piggyback or hug a little too… too… too intimate?

“Senior,” Lisa touched her hair and proposed in a whisper, “How about… I should actually call them…”

    “Oh.” He took a step forward, his upper body suddenly leaning forward. Staring into her eyes from close range, he had a serious expression on his face, “Are you thinking that I’m not as good as a few girls?”

    Lisa: “…” When did she say that?

    “Noo, I-“

    Without waiting for her to finish, she was interrupted by him, and his tone did not allow refusal: “Then quickly choose.”

    “…”

    She had never seen this kind of look from Senior Jungkook, and she unconsciously went along with his reasoning. Even her apprehensions from before also faded.

    After thinking about it, she said, “Then, how about… piggyback?”

    Agh- damn it.

    He knew it.

    Jungkook wanted to hit the him from five minutes ago.

    How could he take that choice back? Why try to act cool and suave? Why ask such a question? Don’t give any choices and straightforwardly hold-

    Alas, forget it.

    The future is long.

    He, wasn’t, anxious.

    Jungkook sighed, put his phone in his pocket, and squatted with his back to her, “Come.”

    He lowered his head, looking at the gray concrete floor of the school nurse’s room. He listened to the rustling of clothes behind him.

    Then-

    Two arms reached out from around his neck and he felt some weight pressed on his back.

The corners of Jungkook’s lips couldn’t be pressed down for a while.

    Then his hand stretched behind him and touched the warm skin under her knees. He slightly inclined his head and reminded her, “I’m standing up now.”

    The person on his back nodded.

    With a little effort, he stood up. However, he didn’t grasp the weight well, and took a step forward due to the inertia.

    Lisa closely watched his reaction, and seeing this, she was a little puzzled: “… Am I too heavy?”

“No,” his voice came with a smile, “you’re too light.”

    “…”

    Her face warmed up a little and she didn’t speak again.

    Jungkook carried her steadily out of the inner room. Lisa, lying on his back, raised an arm and waved at the school nurse, “Dr. Qin, thank you! I’ll go first.”

    “… Okay.”

    The female doctor smiled gently. Looking at her, then looking at the boy who appeared later, a look of understanding and teasing appeared in her eyes.

Lisa was a little embarrassed after meeting her gaze. Just as she was about to say something, Dr. Qin once again opened her mouth to remind: “I gave your medicine to your roommates earlier to bring back. Change it every day, and remember not to let it get wet. When you’re showering, wrap it in plastic wrap.”

    As they spoke, he stopped right by the school nurse’s desk. Lisa hurriedly nodded: “Okay, okay. Thank you, doctor.”

    When she finished, Jungkook went straight out the door.

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)