Page 26

They both left to bed after I insisted that I will be alright. I don't want to burden them. So, I decided that I shall keep my worries for myself without disturbing them.

I found myself looking at the door every 2 minutes. Waiting for them to come in. And my overthinking charts were off the roof. I was thinking about every negative outcomes. Every dangerous spells.

"Y/n did you really stay here all night? You should have gone to bed" I woke up to Lily's voice.

" Are they here yet?" I asked looking around, hoping to see Sirius or James.

"No" she put her hand on my hand, " oh, my! Y/n you are freezing! Your hands are so cold!" she exclaimed.

-------------time skip to afternoon------------

Lily forced me to take a warm bath. I wasn't even that cold. But, I was too tired. Didn't have enough energy to argue with her. We were all siting in the living room. Remus and Lily are worried too. But, just like me, they masked it. Talking about other stuffs. But, I knew they were worried. And they knew I am worried too.

" Y/n why don't you go take the board games from the attic? We can play while waiting for them" Remus suggested.

" In attic? Where? " I asked.

" In a brown trunk" Lily said.

Clearly these two are trying to distract themselves and me from.... Anything that might be happening now.

I walked up the stairs lazily. The attic was dusty and dark. Only a few days of sunlight were coming through the small window.

I looked around and scanning for a brown trunk. I almost tripped over a cardboard box on the ground. Luckily, I leaned on a cupboard just in time.

When I stepped back a heavy wind blow towards me. From the cupboard? I fell oh the floor.

Suddenly, I saw a door like thing right in front of the cupboard. A broken stone doorway ? I looked through it. The other side was filled with silvery-liquid-like smoke? I couldn't figure out what was it. And I am completely positive that it wasn't there just now.

I stood up. For some reason this thing looks familiar. Like a dream that I can reach but not hold. Have I seen this before? I thought to myself as I stood up.

That's when I realized what it was. I felt fear run through my spine. My hands started trembling. I couldn't feel my knees anymore.