Page 70

"Y/n, I never said that you should have left him there. I was just- I don't know. But I definitely DID NOT try to be mean. " Sirius explained. "I don't like cats, but if you want to keep him you absolutely can."

"Really?" I was surprised.

"Of course, My love." he winked.

I felt butterflies in my gut. This time I did not even try to hide my blush. I can't hide it either way. So why bother?

"What just happened?" Lucas smirked.

"I thought you were having a row just now" James said.

"And you are blushing" Remus teased me, well aware of the effect Sirius has on me.

" That is how friends are like" Sirius shrugged, I felt a wave of disappointment hit me when he said ' friend' .

Lily shot me a sympathetic look. She knew how I felt. And tried to change the topic. "How did you exactly found him?"

We sat at the living room. Lucas and Lily competing to pet Mr. Purrfect while James and Sirius sat next to them. Remus and I explained how we found our new pet.

"We didn't even know he was orange before we washed off the mud" Remus said.

"Poor baby!" Lily sympathetically looked at Mr. Purrfect.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

I wrapped up my blanket around me as I climbed into my bed. As exciting as this day was, I was physically exhausted. We had walked around the town for hours. My legs felt heavy. Mr.Purrfect purred in my palm. I fought with Remus to keep him with me. But, we decided that tomorrow Remus get to have him. I gently pet the orange boi as he meowed at me.

"You sleepy?" I said as I put him on my pillow.

As were about to sleep, someone knocked my door. " We decided that today I get to keep him ,Remy! He is all yours tomorrow!" I said.

"Okay. But this is Sirius" the voice reached in through the closed door. I felt my cheeks burn. "Yeah, come in"

" Sorry, I thought it was Remy" I smiled sheepishly.

"It's okay." Sirius sat beside me. " Is the cat sleeping?"

" No. He was about to." I took him and gave him to Sirius. Sirius looked at me for a moment before holding Mr.Purrfect affectionately.

Sirius looked very nervous. Apparently, someone did not know how to hold a cat. He was trying so hard to be careful and not make Mr. purrfect uncomfortable. Mr.Purrfect my purring loudly in his warm hands and had already melted into a comfortable position on this man's arms. The sight was heavenly. I think I just died from cuteness for a second.

"You two look adorable" I didn't realize those words escaped my mouth until I saw Sirius' expression changed.

"I am not Adorable! I am the badboy" Sirius said.

"Nope, you are verrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy adorable and a good boi" ruffled his hair.

Usually he doesn't like messing up his hair. I always do it to annoy him. But now, he somehow seemed to like it. His cheeks and ears were crimson red. I could clearly see him breathing faster than usual. His shoulders were tense. He never reacted this way when I ruffled his hair before. What is it now?

"Ermm, y/n?" His voice popped me back to reality.

"I think he feel asleep" he said, looking at Mr.Purrfect. "What do I do?"

"Put him on the pillow here" I tapped. So he did. And Sirius laid next to us. I threw the blanket over him.

"You came here to play with him. Didn't you?" , " Or did you got jealous of a cat stealing me?" I winked.

"I came here to cuddle. Looks like someone already got a company" he rolled his eyes.

I scooted over to him hands over his shoulder. " How about now?"
He just blushed in response.

" Goodnight, Sirius" I mumbled against his shirt as he tightened the hug.

I will ask him out tomorrow. May be after they come back from the Order. How do I ask him out for a date? I juiced my brain to come up with an idea.

Soon, Mr.Purrfect who was sleeping on the other pillow decided to join us for  cuddles. He climbed onto Sirius' shoulder and curled up into a fur ball. We all fell asleep in no time.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

I woke up the next day hearing birds' chirping. Sirius had already woke me up by early morning before he left. I touched my forehead, still feeling the tingling sensation of his delicate forehead kiss. I shook  my head, and went down the stair. Lucas was feeding Mr.Purrfect.

"Good Morning y/n. How you are already awake? It is not even 9 am?" he said.

"Why are you so surprised? I don't sleep that late in the morning" I said, helping myself a toast.

"Yeah, because you wake up in the afternoon" he giggled.

"I will tell Remus that you have a crush on since your first meeting" I grinned.

"No, you won't" 

"Yeah? Are you challenging me?"

"May be I am" he smirked.

"You are in for this"

We both moved to the living room. I put on some music. I read a book while Lucas played with Mr.Purrfect. I was not actually reading though. My eyes scanned through the pages but my mind was making up imaginary scenarios. A short film called, "50 ways Sirius Black is going to reject you- Special edition" played in my mind.