Page 97

"you are still scared. Aren't you?" Sirius spoke suddenly his voice was low.

"What?" I blinked, confused what he was talking about.

"Are you still afraid that you might go back...to muggle world in the future?"

I took a sharp inhale at his words. That is the one thing that's always at the back of my mind, screaming how uncertain the life I am leading right now is.  I can not believe how he managed to see through me.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I know,y/n. I always knew that you are worried about that. Even now you wanted to immediately destroy the Horcruxes because you wanted to do it before you go back, right?" He pulled me even closer to himself. " I understand how you feel."

"It's just, everything I have here" I reached out to his hand and lifted it up, " this, my entire life here is like a dream for thousands of people. I just- I see it as an opportunity. And I am afraid of having to live without you. I can not imagine a life without you" I leaned my head onto his shoulders.

" I can't say it is going to be okay. Because neither I nor you know what would happen. But right now, I have got you. I won't let go" he brushed his slender fingers through my hair. " Let's live in the present, koala. Right now, this second is what matters" He cupped my face, and looked into my eyes .

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Just like I assumed I did not get even a tit bit of sleep last night. My eyes were decorated by dark circles around them. I had a terrible headache. Sirius was sleeping soundly beside me. I managed to convince him to sleep around 2 am yesterday. But until that he kept me company. Company. I chuckled. That's where it all started didn't it? I brushed his hair away from his forehead as he slept like a baby. Anyway today is going to be a long day.

I heard a few knocks on the door. "Y/n you in there?" James voice sounded.

"Yeah. Wait, I'll open the door"

"Y/n!" James said, loudly before noticing Sirius who was still asleep. Then he continued in lower voice " you are coming to the Order with us. We will talk to Dumbledore."

" Today?" My eye were wide open.

" Yeah. Is that okay for you?"

" Of course. Of course James. Thank You."

" No, please don't thank me. Just remember that we all have your back" he ruffled my hair. " Be ready by 9.30 am. Okay?"

" Sure. "

After a long warm shower, nope it hadn't restored my energy. But, I felt better than earlier. It was already a quarter to 9. I woke Sirius up.

"Hey, Sirius. Wake up." He lazily opened his eyes. " Good morning puppy."

"Good Morning" he smiled and pulled me to him. " Did you sleep at all?"

"Well, I will manage. Go, get ready. We got to go to work"

"No!!!" He whined. " Wait- we? "

" I am going with you today. James just told me"

Sirius expression changed. He looked confused and indecisive.

"Sirius? Something on your mind?" I touched his shoulder.

"I- nothing."

"Yep, there is definitely something." I waited for him, but only received silence. "You told me yesterday that we take care of each other. How do I do that without knowing what you are thinking? Come on Puppy"

" I don't want to involve you in this. This war. Everything going on our there. I can't stand to see you unconscious even one more time. It was- It was scary. I am scared something will happen to you." His voice was gloomy.

" We are all already involved in the war, Sirius. My life in just as uncertain inside house as it is out there. We are all in mortal peril until we put an end to the war. "

" But, you would be risking your life there. The death eaters won't hesitate to kill anyone. "

" We are all going to die one day. If I could do something significant before that, I'd be very proud"

" No! I don't want you to die."

"Right now, Sirius. I want to do this for the baby. Lily is pregnant now. In less than a year the baby will be born. Do you want an infant to be born in a world like this?"

" No." he paused. A frown was seen on his face as he was thinking carefully. " We will do this for the baby. " He nodded agreeing with my words.

" I knew you would understand and support me" I brushed my finger tips onto his biceps "So , go shower and get ready" I stood up.

"Would you join me?" he smirked pointing at the bathroom. I threw a pillow at him before exiting the room.

"Ahh! I am being attacked" I heard the man say as I closed the door. I shook my head and went down the stairs to join the rest of our friends.

"Y/n." Lily stood up and gave a warm hug. " I may not understand how you are feeling now. But I understand that the war is very scary for you. For all of us. But, we are here for you. Okay? Whatever it is. Whatever you feel worried about you can talk to us. We are here" Everyone nodded giving me a warm look.

I am touched by how much they all cared about me. A pleasant feeling filled me up, as I smiled at them. " Thank You." I said.