Page 63

Remus' POV

I had dragged Sirius to his bedroom. Luckily he did not yell or talk loudly and wake everyone up. He dropped him on his bed and he just sat on his bed, staring into nothingness.

"Padfoot? Is everything okay? Why do you look so sad?" I sat beside him.

" Why do I look sad? Because I am SAD!"

"Why are you sad?" I rolled my eyes.

"Y/n..." His voice faded away after saying her name.

"Did she say something? Is it because James and Y/n were arguing last night?"

"She- She- " he hiccoughed.

"What? "

"She came to see me yesterday, after everything and...." He told me everything she said.

I cannot believe y/n would do this. May be it is something to the effect of James shouting at her yesterday.

" I think you should give her some time. I think she might have been angry yesterday"

" You think so? "

" I guess so."

" Okay"

" Now, Padfoot you go to bed. You don't have to go to work today." I said.

" You are the best, Moony" he threw his hands over my shoulder.

" I know. Now sleep" I pushed him off and left.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

Y/N's POV

"Who needs a stunning spell when you can look this good?" I said, looking at Lily. 

She looked so pretty in her Jade off-shoulder dress that perfectly highlighted her red hair and matched her emerald eyes. And her sparkly sandals added to the look. 

"James going to pass out, Lily" I teased her.

"Am I overdressed? Maybe I should put on just normal shoes."

"Lils, its a five-star restaurant. This is probably the dress code there. Do Not change anything. You look so beautiful that I am on my way to fight James for you" 

"You think so?" she looked at herself in the mirror.

"I have great eyes, Lil. I can see. So I know you look beautiful."

"You are practically blind without those glasses" she chuckled.

"So is your husband, who is waiting downstairs. Go on"

"Thank you y/n. You did really good job with my hair." she said as she walked down the stairs.

I let her go down first and walked a few steps behind her. I looked at James' reaction. His jaw was on the floor. His eyes were sparkling, looking at his wife. I think he does not even remember his name now. I laughed to myself, whilst adoring the cute couple. 

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

After they left I went back to my bedroom. I rarely go out these days. It feels sad to be like this. I can't look Sirius in the eye. I have been avoiding him ever since. This is painful. As I was about to knock myself down onto my bed I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in"I said, " Remus?"

" Y/n, whatever you are doing...Stop it. You are hurting him." He growled.

"What? I don't understand"

"I know what you said to Sirius. You two have been so close all these days and suddenly he is JUST a friend to you? At first I thought it was because of what James said. But now it had been a week and you are clearly avoiding him."

I tried to open my mouth but he cut me off.

" I have seen how you two are like. How you guys behave around each other. So, I know y/n. You are either too dumb to see your feelings or just playing with his. But, knowing you, I can see it's the latter. You are not dumb. You are doing all of these on purpose! Aren't you?"

Every word that Remus said felt like a punch to my face. It was all realization of what I have been doing. I felt a painful heavy lump form in my throat. I tried my best to blink back the tears. Remus was really angry at me, not the usual annoyed-angry, but really mad. I didn't know Remus would loose his cool like this. I couldn't say anything I just looked down to my feel.

" Although we are close, y/n. I would definitely choose Sirius over you! And in this situation I stand on his side. You are hurting him"