Page 85

"So, Sirius and James still go with you, right?" I asked.

"Of course. They never miss any full moon" Remus said.

" So, Lucas doesn't mind that? "

" No, he actually feels just fine. You know, he lived with his pack back there. He had his buddies with him every full moon. They were all disowned and joined his mentor."

" You know, back then I used to wonder why The Wizarding World had so much discrimination. It isn't just fair. "

" Nothing is fair, y/n. It just isn't. From far away magic seems cool, but if you think about it, we had weaponized our gift and are bringing only destruction" he sighed.

" I have thought about that. But, that doesn't really change the fact that magic is super cool"

" Well, why would I disagree? But it is dangerous. May be if there was no magic there wouldn't be this war"

" People always find ways to destroy things, Remy . Muggles created a lot of weapons, without magic. It is not about magic. It is about the cruel and greedy human nature" we both sighed.

" Remus, I have brought you chocolate ice cream! " Lily walked in with a ice cream cone in her and other two floating behind her. They landed in our hands.

" Thanks Lily" Remus smiled.

" Since, our girl is just got back after having a pretty long nap, why don't we go to the book fair in London?" Lily suggested, lighting up both of our mood.

It was full moon tonight. Remus' body started to react to it. He had a horrible back pain since morning. Even the numbing potion didn't show much results. Lucas did not have any pain, but his mood swings are just unpredictable. He said he needed to be alone for today. So, I kept Remus company. Lily knew the book fair would cheer him up.

" When?" Remus asked, finally a smile forming in his face.

" Next Friday."

" So we got three days. I suggest we ditch our boyfriends" I said.

" Absolutely. Don't want them screaming at sight of a book" Remus laughed, and we joined in.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"You still haven't got used to it uh?" Lily asked me.

"Yeah, it makes me sad that Remus and Lucas have to through such torture every month." I scanned through the chess board. "Knight to C4"

"I needed that Rook! I will avenge you" Lily took a sip from her juice. " I know. I was devastated when he told me. I think it was our sixth year. But, y/n I would always say this. He has got really good friends. They might be a bit insane but James and Sirius loves him more than anyone else. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if James said he loves his boys more than me."

" Same goes for Sirius. But, That's awesome. I wish I had friends like that. Friends who are like family" I signed.

" Well, you do. We are family."

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

I twisted and turned on my bed, pushing off some of my stuffed animals. I could not sleep. It was half past 4 in the early morning. The boys just got back. Remus and Lucas were fine. We gave them a few healing potions and sleeping draught to sooth the pain. James and Sirius went to bed shortly after. They were totally exhausted. Plus both of them have work tomorrow afternoon.

Finally after a few moments of consideration, I stood up and walked out of my bedroom. Marched towards Sirius' and quietly opened the door. In case he was already asleep. But, no he wasn't. There stood a man in front of mirror, combing his hair carefully.