Page 43

" I can't never really talk much about him with the boys. They don't like him. I am relieved that I got to let it out." she smiled at me.

We went back to work. We had to start over the potion because we were distracted for a very short duration and it was just enough for the potion to get burned. It took us a few hours to complete our work and clean up the area.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"Jamie! What are you doing here all alone?" I sat on the sofa, next to him.

" Questioning my existence" he said.

"Why?"

" My dear Best mates ditched me, Y/N! They ditched me and went somewhere!" he spoke loudly. " Can you believe it? "

" May be they wanted to keep their ears safe? Stop yelling!" I said.

" When you went to help Lily, Padfoot rushed towards Moony, and whispered something to him. And then they both went out. They didn't even ask me to come!" he continued to ignore me.

" May be something came up?"

" Without me?"

" Okay, why don't you hex them when they come back? It would be much better than complaining like now?" I said sarcastically.

It is not really fair that entire fandom thinks that Sirius is  the dramatic one when we have James. Dude is complaining about his friends for 30 minutes now. I am loosing my patience.

" Jamie, why don't we play some board games?" I tried to distract him.

" Board games?" his facial expression changed.

" Good idea y/n I'll go get them. Should we play wizard's chess? "

" Sure."

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

" So y/n the rules are...." James explained the rules to me.

He doesn't know that I am a state player. I can't wait to see his reaction when kick his butt. Lily next to James, leaning onto his shoulder.

They are such a cute couple. Lily tolerates James annoying her almost constantly. And James gives her unlimited unconditional love. Even now, They aren't particularly doing anything. Lily is just on his shoulder, eyes closed, listening to him talking. I adore their relationship.

" So, any questions?" James grinned.

Boi, you have no idea what is gonna happen.

" No, let's start" I said.

He moved first. And I continued. Wizard's Chess is so entertaining. We don't use our hands to move the pieces, we say which one to where and they move.

" Queen to D2, Checkmate" I finished him off.

" How? Checkmate?"

" What? Are you surprised?" I smiled.

" You knew how to play? Why you didn't tell me? I explained everything like an idiot" James stood up, looking embarrassed.

" Did you ask me if I knew?" I smirked.