Page 38

How long have I been staring at the ceiling? I heard Sirius tossing and turning in his bed. I looked at him. He opened his eyes. Still a bit of sleep dangling in them.

"Good Morning Sunshine, Or should I say, Starshine?" I tried to imitate his Sirius Smirk™

"You're awake? Already?"

"Where are your manners, Mr. Black? When someone say GOOD MORNING you say it back"

"Pfft, you trying to imitate me. Aren't you?" he chuckled.

"Alright! Good ....Morning Y/N L/N" he said, with a yawn. "Wait, you didn't sleep last night. Did you?" he asked.

He found out. Was I trying way too hard to hide it? How did he know?

"You did not sleep, Did you?" he asked again, voice more firm, look more concerned.

"What gave it away?" I tried to sound casual.

He slowly brought his right palm to my cheeks and stroked under my eye. "These" he breathed. Of course, I got Zero minutes of sleep last night, and was really exhausted. How did I forget about eyebags? I laughed sheepishly, thinking how silly of me to think I could trick him. And imitating him was a clearly ineffective. 

"Why?" he never took his eyes off mine.

"Did I made you uncomfortable? Inviting you to sleep here? I am sorry. I just thought that keeping you company will help you sleep without nightmares. I didn't think you might have felt weird. I didn't mean to-" he moved away from me and was talking really fast. 

"No, its normal for me. You did good" I had to cut him short, before he feels worse.

"It's like the side effects of the anxiety attack. Insomnia and nightmares. To be honest, I'd rather have insomnia than nightmares." I explained. 

It was true, staying awake was easier than those unsettling nightmares. My brain was so creative while making nightmares, considering how much I sucked at arts and crafts in school. Sometimes I myself wonder if those dreams, nah, nightmares were really made up in my brain.

"Oh. Are you sure? If you are not okay with this, you can tell me. You can say NO whenever you want. It's up to you." he continued.

"Yes. Sirius, I was really comfortable last night. It is completely normal for me, Sirius. I have been having anxiety attacks since I was 13. Don't stress over it." I reassured him.

"Okay. You wait right here, I will go get you something to eat and you are getting some sleep." he said.

"Oh, Sirius. I am no where near falling asleep. I need a warm shower and am going downstairs" I got off the bed.

"But, Y/n" he tried to stop me.

"Trust me, I will surely sleep when I want to. You don't have to feel bad for it."