page 57

" You took them off and tucked me in, last night" he said, sound more of a statement than a question.

" You were too drunk to do it on your own." I shrugged. " I made you breakfast. Here drink some of this"

" Hmm, lemon tea. It's surprising that you know exactly how to relief hangover, when you don't drink" he moved closer to me.

I smiled. I just knew it as a random fact. Sirius took the bit down the pancake. A bit of chocolate syrup spilled on lips. The same tingling feeling I had just now went through my spine. I wanted to know what they would taste like.

WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING AROUSED FROM THIS?
I screamed mentally.

" Oh my goodness! Y/n" he exclaimed. " You made these? You can cook this well?" He said chewing his food.

I am the type of person who would get annoyed if someone spoke with food in their mouth. But, I couldn't help but adore him. He was enjoying the food like a child. His eyes lit up, he ate until the last bit of the pancake and licked some of the chocolate syrup that were on his index finger. I turned away, trying to hide my reaction and the effect he had on me.

" You are amazing y/n. I never thought you would know how to cook. It was delicious. I am getting seconds!"

" You are not hungover anymore?" I grinned at him.

" Your pancakes were so good, my brain forgot about the hangover".

"Thanks"

" Here let me give a kiss to the chef"

" You wut?" I asked, completely shocked.

Sirius leaned in. OMG! OMG! OMG! My heart was 🤏this close to leaping out of my chest. I could feel my breathing becoming faster. My shoulders were so stiff. I could even feel the blood running around my temples. Sirius is going to kiss me? My brain screamed. I shut my eyes.

Sirius took my hand; held in gently in his slender fingers. To my disappointed he kissed the back of my hand. Wait- WHY ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED Y/N ? The voice inside my head yelled.

I was frozen. I did not know how to react.   I shouldn't be expecting anything more than this. And if I did, I am going to end up hurting both me and Sirius.

SIRIUS'POV

As I leaned in, she closed her eyes. At that very moment everything happened yesterday flooded into my mind. She wants me only as a friend who keeps her company. She do not want me anything more than that. I shall not ruin what we already have. I took her hand and kissed it's dorsal side.

I looked at her face. A unknown reaction. I could not guess what she was feeling at that moment.

" Aww, you are such a gentleman, Sirius" she opened her eyes.

" Always has been" I flicked my hair. " Shall we go down, my love?"

" Sure" she threw me a wink and headed to the door.

I will be the friend, you want me to be y/n. as long as I could be by your side. Nothing else matters. I do not want to risk what we already have for something, I am unsure about. For someone like me, a person who doesn't hesitate to take a risk in exchange of fun; it was new.  Am I even the same person who ran around Hogwarts as Padfoot yelling ' What's life without a little risk?'. I shook my head and followed her. My FRIEND.

Y/n's POV

I played it cool. Of course he did not make a move or anything. Yesterday, the moment I thought we had was probably just the effect of alcohol on him. Things are better this way. Don't get your hopes up. If you target too high up, you are going to fall harder. Stay on the ground. It wouldn't hurt much even if I tripped.

By the evening , everyone left for a meeting at the Order. Leaving Lucas and I back at home. I decided that this is the best opportunity to ask Lucas about the heart eyes he has been giving Remus since the first day.

" So, Lucas... Are you and Remus a thing?" I asked.

" What no! We are not" he said, taken off guard and I swear he said ' yet' under his breath.