Page 77

The next morning I woke up to Mr.Purrfect meowing in my ears. I lazily looked at the wall clock, that showed 4'o clock in the morning. I groaned as I sat up.

"What is it?" I asked Mr.Purrfect. He meowed again. " Oh, you must be hungry. Let's go down. I will get you some snack" I walked out of the door followed by the ginger kitten.

The house was quieter than usual. Everyone else were asleep, I remained silent, not wanting to disturb my friends.

"Here, I have got some tuna for you. You want Tuna?" His eyes lit up as I mentioned Tuna. Tuna, Toy and Out was his favourite words. He gets excited and purrs whenever we say those words, even when we are not talking to him.

I walked up the stairs back towards my bedroom, leaving Mr.Purrfect to enjoy his meal. As I walked pass Sirius' room, I decided to sneak in. I carefully opened the door, making no sound and tip toes to his bed.

The room was dark except for the faint moonlight pouring through the window. Sirius' face shined in the moonshine. His perfectly toned jawline was highlighted by that silver rays. I climbed onto his bed and laid next to him, pulling the blanket over us. He was too deep in sleep to notice me. I moved in much closer to him. His body heat radiated around him. I nuzzled against his chest, basking in the warmth, feeling safe and calmer than before. Thus I fell asleep next to him.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"Good morning, my love" Sirius flashed his smile as I opened my eyes.

"Morning" I said in a raspy, half-asleep voice.

"When did you come here? I don't remember-"

"You were sleeping. I just sneaked into your bed" I said, rubbing my eyes.

Sirius smiled as I scooted much closer to him and buried my face into his chest. I inhaled his morning scent. It intoxicating my brain, making me crave for more.

"Y/n? "

"Am, still sleepy. Mr. Purrfect woke me up in the middle of the night."

" Aww, come here. My love" he opened his arms invitingly, which I obviously accepted.

" Hmmmmm" I hummed as his slender fingers scratched my scalp in a circular motion, which I loved. And he knew it.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

Lucas was explaining about some Dark Magics that might come in handy when fighting off a basilisk. He seemed to be very careful while mentioning them as some of the dark arts will leave permanent effects on the wizard or witch that uses it, even once. For example, loosing the ability to produce a Patronus.

Sirius and Lily was talking about something else in the kitchen while Remus and I sat in silence, reading. At some point, Remus decided to speak up.

"Y/n? Are you really sure about this?" he asked. I looked at him confused.

"The Chamber of Secrets, y/n. It is dangerous. I know you are determined to go. I saw how you debated with James yesterday. But, I can't help feeling anxious."

" James and Dumbledore will be there. I am not walking into the pipes all alone. Besides, Dumbledore must have his reasons to ask me to go."

" What do you suppose his reasons are?"

" Something to do with knowledge. That's what he said. My knowledge might be useful in there. Or else he would not have added me to the list. Without magic I am just a liability in there. Aren't I? I really hope that I have something important to offer for tonight's mission."

" You are right. Also, is Sirius coming with you?"

" Well, yes. But actually no. He will come to Hogwarts but, wouldn't go into the Chamber of Secrets. Or Dumbledore said so"

" I am somehow disappointed that Dumbledore did not include me into the Horcrux hunting team."

" Don't be, Remus. Lily was not in there too. They probably don't want everyone in the family be in same team."

" Or he doesn't just truly trust me. Being a warewolf has it's perks" he smiled sadly.

" Don't You DaRe think of it that way, Remy! That is not what that is about. You are tasked to safe people. You will get to fight off bad guys like the badass that you are" I winked.

"Oh, y/n. I do not think Remus has a Bad ass" Lucas took his seat in front of us.

"ummm" is he being genuine or just joking? Both Remus and I looked at him confused.

"Lucas, Badass is like a tough and intimidating person" I said.

"Oh..oh is that? Uh...I er... Sorry. You guys continue your conversation" he glowed in bright red, walking away from us.

So, he was being genuine. He just complemented Remus' bottom. It's proved. They like each other. And are just not saying it out loud. I turned towards Remus' to see his reaction he was redder than Lucas.

"Ah. Just kiss already" I said, throwing my hands over the brunette's shoulder. "He likes you butt, Remy. This cannot be stopped. I have got to tell Sirius and James about this" I smirked.

"Oh, Shut up y/n. You open your mouth to them once and Basilisk wouldn't do you any more harm than me" he growled, hiding his blush.

"Yeah, yeah. Look at that cute little blush on your baby cheeks. Awwww. Remy is in love." I said in a song like tone.

" Baby cheeks? Really? I literally have gangster scars on them." He rolled his eyes.

" Yeah, has gangster scars but is blushing like crazy when his crush complements his butt." I teased him.

" Stop saying that!" He shrugged my hand away from his shoulder as stood up, stomping up the stairs.

" You can't escape the almighty truth , Remus John Lupin!" I yelled from the living room, which he ignored.