Page 90

Sirius' POV

It has been raining since morning. It is such a loss that we all got a day off today and it just had to rain, ruining my entire day. Y/n has been in her room all day. Reading. With Mr.Purrfect on her side. I wanted to cuddle her, but it seemed like she was way too focused on the book. I decided to let her have some time for herself.

James, Remus , Lucas,  and I were talking about random stuff until Lily came down the stairs and asked James to go with her. She looked excited, nervous and happy. James immediately dropped our discussion and followed his wife.

After some time, he came down the stairs. A unusual look on his face. And then without saying anything, he just blankly looked at us and asked.

"Let's go for a drink? It is on me"

After being bored to death the whole day, I agreed right away. Remus and Lucas nodded as well. At first I wanted to ask y/n but she doesn't drink and she is way too busy reading. And if Lily were to come she would have came down with her husband. So we all apparated to our favorite, the famous, 'Leaky Cauldron '. Despite the war situation, the pub was quite crowdy. Many witches and Wizards drinks, talking, dancing, and doing many things that entertained themselves.

James ordered us some drinks. I bottomed up the first shot of tequila. The tingly liquid went through my throat, heating up my insides. Then we got to a few more shots. Then other good cocktails. I could feel myself getting a bit tipsy. Lucas did not drink much. He never was good at handling alcohol. He stopped somewhere after 3rd shot. On the other hand, Remus had been stacking up shots and drinks. He was handling them like a champion. Well, of course he can drink a whole barron of Firewhiskey and ride a bike while juggling some live chainsaw. He is so good with alcohol, sometimes I wonder if they get scared of him.

How ever, James is drinking more than he can handle. But, it doesn't matter we can look out for each other even if any of us gets too drunk. James usually starts confessing his undying love for each of us when he gets drunk. So, I decided to let him chug a whole bottle of beer. Wondering how Lucas would react if James started his usual act. Would he get jealous that Remus is not saying anything? Ooooh, I can hardly wait for the drama.

"Ya, alright Prongs?" I asked, casually starting a conversation. For which he just nodded. Does something feel off about it? Nope. I took another sip from my drink, letting that divine feeling sink in.

"He is going to be so small! How am I going to take care of him?" James started crying all of the sudden.

"Prongs?" I asked, shocked by his suddenly exclamation.

"Are you okay?" Remus turned to us. " What happened, pads?"

"Dunno. He suddenly started to cry."

"James are you okay?" Lucas asked him.

" He will probably be just as big as my hand. I can hold him with just one hand. He would be so cute!" He said.

And it all struck me. Lily being happy, they went upstairs, he came down, buying us drinks, and now crying.

"Moony, I think Lily is pregnant" I beamed. I was so fucking happy that I was jumping in joy.

"Oh my god! That is awesome, Prongs! We should have brought them to celebrate with us" Remus said.

" Lily can't drink alcohol when she is pregnant, Rem. And YN doesn't drink either" Lucas reminded.

Then James told us about what happened. And how he just came down.

"No- we have got to go home. If he didn't say anything and brought all of us out, Lily is going to be worried! " Remus said.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

I opened the door, running in. I felt so worried what Lily and Y/n were thinking right now. If James left without saying anything, she might think that he left her. And especially after saying such a news she would have expected him to be overjoyed.

But what he said he did is very bad. I know he was way too happy to even tell her anything. I know how he feels. But for Lily his reaction would have been devastating. She must be very worried.

James on the other hand, was fully drunk, crying how cute his baby is going to be. And how much he is happy that he is going to be a father. He was crying his eyes out. Too drunk to apparate that he had to apparate alongside us.

As we entered I spotted Lily and Y/n on the living room. Y/n cheeks were stained with rows of tears, while Lily's eyes were red and swollen. They were crying. How scared the must have been. Considering there is a war going on outside this walls, this is scary. Very scary. Before any of us opened our mouth, y/n yelled at James. To say that she was fuming, is a very terrible understatement.

My reflexes cought her hands and pulled her aside before she could reach James. She was extremely angry, cussing him, and if I didn't pull her aside she definitely at least broke his nose or something. I held her to me as she was struggling to get off me. Trashing her limbs like a feral wild animal. She was yelling at me too. If anything, from her reaction, I can only imagine how scared they must have been. 

Lily on the other hand, just stood there, crying silently. She was shivering. She just looked at James, unable to say anything else, unable to move, unable to yell at him, unable to even punch him in the face like y/n tried to. James stepped up and kneeled in front of her and started to talk, as tears were falling down his eyes.