Page 61

Sirius' POV

I felt ashamed when James said such thing about us. Is that what he thinks of us? I like her. I even wanted to kiss her a few times, if I am being honest with myself. But, we do enjoy looking at the sky and admiring the stars. Us hanging out at the roof is genuine and. It is unfair to think that we are going to the rooftop to snog. As I opened my mouth to say something, y/n spoke.

" WE. WERE. NOT. SNOGGING!" Y/n said, I felt anger radiate from her. Her lips twitched and she was clenching her hands. She had narrowed down her eyes, staring at James. She looks scary.

" For the last time Sirius is my friend and friend only. We are not anything more than that!"

She shoved James off the the way and slammed her bedroom door shut. We are all petrified. I felt my hurt. I didn't expect that she would get mad as much as this when James said we snogged. I am angry too, but y/n's anger was other level. She is about 5'1 and James is around 6'0 but she still managed to shove him off in one push.

I glared at James and stomped to bedroom  before slamming my door just like y/n did. I did think that I will be friends with her for now. But, with the expression from her I shall take a hint. But, she behaved as if we were at least a bit more than friends. Or did I misinterpret her actions?

Y/n's POV

I slammed the door in anger. I am angry at myself. As much as I try not to get too close to him, I am just running to him every time. If James said such a thing about us, it is what we look like. More than friends?  I just can not do it. It is frustrating. I walked up to my bed and collapsed into the mattress. I felt tears or anger stream down. My hands pulled in a yellow stuffed animal. I threw it across my bedroom, trying to ease my frustration. 

"Y/N? Can I please come in?" I heard James voice behind the door, he sounded much calmer than just now. His voice sounded remorseful. Yet, I remained silent. "I won't shout or get mad at you. I just want to talk" he said.

"The door is unlocked" I said, my face still buried in my pillow, just loud enough for him to hear me.

I heard the door click open and a few steps approaching me. I sit up and looked away from him. He should not have asked such a thing. May be going to the rooftop was rash, but it does not mean he could assumed that Sirius and I were snogging up there.

"I am sorry. I should not have acted that way. I came looking for Sirius and he was not there. And then you were gone too. His bike and broomstick was there. I got worried. We have been looking for you two for more than 40 minutes."

"That does not mean that you can shout at us." I stated coldly.

"I know. I regret it. I should have been more calm."

"I understand why you were mad. But, you can't just go around assuming that people are snogging. It is almost insulting to think that it is what you think of me..err...us. Sirius and I are not like that at all. " I said, at the verge of tears.

"I am truly sorry y/n. I really am. I will never do it again. And I never thought anything bad about you. I just thought you two were dating. My mistake." 

I too regret yelling at him and pushing him away just now. For a person living in a war situation, not being able to find a friend would be stressful and scary. As someone who has anxiety and colossal overthinking ability, I understand it. And he apologized, there is not point being cold to him.

"It is okay, James. I am sorry too. I should not have yelled at you like that and I even pushed you."