Page 46

The next day I woke up in Sirius' arms. To my surprise, I didn't get any nightmare and slept probably full 8 hours. Can you believe it? It's just 3rd day from the Anxiety attack. It never happened before. I never sleep this peacefully after my attacks.

My gaze fall onto Sirius. And I knew why I could sleep well last night. It's because I feel safe with him.As I was looking at him, his voice from last night saying " keeping company" echoed into my eardrums.

" Don't get ahead of yourself. He is Sirius Black. A man way out of your reach. He is too good for you" the voice inside me reminded me again.

" Alright I know. Just shut the fuck up" I snapped at it, frustrated.

Before this he was out of my reach because he was fictional. Now he is out of my reach because, way too good to be with me. Why does this happen to me?

"Whatever. At least you are his friend now." I thought to myself.

" Good Morning, My Sunshine" Sirius said as soon as he woke up.

I was so lost in my overthinking train ride that I didn't even realize that he woke up. For someone who was frustrated just now, his warm smile lifted my mood tremendously.

" Good Morning, My STARshine" I returned his smile, obviously not as bright and warm as him.

" Oooh, I like it. I feel like I have a complete set now." Sirius uttered. " You, Sunshine. Me, Starshine. Remus, Moony. Sun, Star and Moon"

" Oh my god! You are right." I replied.

"Let's go tell the others." He tried to climb down the bed.

" Sirius, wait. Don't you think they might misunderstand if we say that we have nicknames like that for each other. You know, Sunshine and Starshine." I spoke quickly.

" Misunderstood what?" he was confused.

"We are just keeping each other company. I really don't want any misunderstandings." I explained.

" Yeah. I'll go to my room then. Meet you downstairs" he said blankly before closing the door behind him.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

" So I assume, you had a good night?" Remus said without taking his eyes off the the Daily Prophet.

"You helped him to buy the stuffed animals." I sat next to him, trying to read the headlines.

" Well, I just brought him to the right shop to buy them. Mr.Lover-Boi isn't very familiar with the muggle town"

" Thank You, Remy"

" Inferi Attack. 14 Muggle Victims" I read aloud with a gasp. " Fourteen?"

Chills ran down my spine. With all the things happening in here, I had forgotten what is happening out there. My eyes darted down to the neatly print words.

March 4 , London. A group of muggles, who were camping in the forest was  attacked by inferi. While 8 people killed, others are now admitted to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. 2 children and a elderly woman included.

" How didn't you guys know? I mean the Order?" I looked at Remus.

" The aurors  dealt with the situation, y/n. We don't get all the tasks. As horrible as it sounds, I am getting used to these. There are news like these everyday, y/n. Everyday." Remus shook his head. " We are at a war. This is what war is. Innocent people getting killed for selfish greedy people" he slammed shut the paper.

He must be mentally exhausted. There are all like 20 years old. Barely adults. But they are facing the most cruel side of the world. All of them. For what?

I pressed my palm on his shoulder. " Remy, we can end this. Dumbledore must be finding solutions for everything. Now that he knows about the Horcruxes, we will safe so many lives, Remy."

Was I sure that everything is going to be okay?
No.

Was I confident that Dumbledore will handle all of them?
No.

But I wanted to reassure him. Remus was upset. I can't just let him feel sad. So, I said positive words to him. Besides, not knowing anything for sure, I still had hope.

"I really hope that Professor Dumbledore can end this war. And you did give us very crucial details." Remus' lips curled up into a faint smile.