Page 99

It has been a few weeks since I decided to hunt down each and every Horcruxes myself if Dumbledore isn't willing to help me. However, it isn't easy for me to do it without magic. So for starters, I started to write down every detail I knew about Horcruxes.

I successfully convinced Remus to bring me to a Wizard Library. However, I did not say I true purpose. Because they all would never agree with me disobeying Dumbledore's words. I told them that I like Wizard literature and wanted to explore more of them. Although it wasn't entirely true, I do not regret this lie. It is for the greater good.

I had borrowed 5 books in total, 2 being literature and 3 book held the details I needed. The I had filled up a couple of notebooks with the history of the Horcruxes. From the starting of the first idea of split one's soul to the first wizard that have ever done it.

The wizard to successfully created a working Horcrux is Herpo. He was an Ancient Greek Dark Wizard, infamous for being a pioneer in the field of the Dark Arts. He was one of the earliest known Dark Wizards and his work left a lasting impression in dark magic during the 20th century. Herpo sufficiently achieved notoriety, earning the epithet of "the Foul" by his fellow wizards. And, he also is the creator of a Basilisk. Look at the irony. The man who made the first horcrux also made a basilisk whose venom would destroy the Horcruxes.

Many wizards before him had tried this sinister act. However none of them were successful. Most of them lost their life in the process of chasing immortality. As more and more I learn about the Horcruxes the more I understand how much power and intelligence Voldemort posses. With all of those gifts, he could have led a life worth looking up to. Yet, he had to go from Tom Riddle to Lord Voldemort. The man chose the path of destruction in the search of power.

I might need a few more books on this topic. I can get some more when after returning these. I must collect as much information about the Horcruxes and Dark magics. If I lack in magic, I shall find another source of power.  It would be knowledge. I do believe that knowledge is the most ultimate strength one can own. Dumbledore was right about this.

Sirius POV

James, Lily and I were our way to home after a Order work. As tired as I was, and as much I needed a good sleep, my mind was not calming down. Yes, it is about YN.

She isn't being like her for some time now. None of the others seem to notice it. But she is definitely acting differently. She still is her usual cheerfully self, but something feels off. It is like her laughter and smiles are being forced. Is she worried about something?

I knew YN had some problems with overthinking and anxiety. But when I asked her last week, she reassured me that everything is okay. How could I be reassured when I can feel that something is wrong? Is something really going on or am I just looking too much into he details?May be I am. She even went to a Library a few weeks ago. May be it is one of her me times. She occasionally takes some time to herself and spends most of her time reading, playing with Mr.Purrfect.

But, right now, I feel like something is up.  I don't know if it is instinct or I am just worried, but I can't help but notice that YN is behaving differently from she usually is. Her dark circles under her eyes are growing bigger and more darker. She hadn't cuddled with me for like a week.

I was already standing at her door. I really need to talk to her. I thought as I knocked onto the door. "YN?"

"Just a minute. Coming" she said as if she was in a hurry. She opened the door. "Sorry, didn't hear you coming back home." she smiled. " How was your day? "

" YN? Can I come inside? " I asked.

" Of course. Sorry. Come in. "

Her stuffed toys were on the floor, not as if they were neatly arranged. They were scattered all over her bedroom. She must have noticed my eyes scanning her room. So, she spoke.

"Don't mind that. I was cleaning up my room." she climbed onto her bed gesturing me to sit with her. And I did.

"Are you okay , Sirius?" her soft hand squeezed mine.

" Yeah, I am okay." I said. I took a deep breath. " Can we may be...hang out in the backyard? Or may be go somewhere?"

" Can we do that some other time?" she shot me an apologetic look.

I hesitated for a few moments. Debating to whether tell her what is on my mind or just brush it off. Every second I stalled, she just looked at me, waiting for an answer. I could feel her grip on my hand tighten. With the courage it gave me, I opened my mouth.

"I feel lonely" I said. "I know you just wanted some me times. I can't help it. It feels like we are standing far from each other. I don't know what is happening."

"Oh, Sirius" she turned to me.

"I feel so lonely YN. I don't like this at all. This sucks big time! "

" I am so sorry I made you feel like that. I didn't realize you were affected badly from my actions. I would never let you feel lonely anymore." She cupped my face.

" Can I hug you? " I asked.

" Of course." Her voice trembled. "  You can hug me whenever you want. Come here. Come here puppy " she said, her voice overwhelming with affection.

She pulled me into a tight hug. My face was buried onto her shoulder. My nose pressuring against her clavicle as I breathed in her scent that soothes my soul.

" I missed you Koala"

" I will never let this happen again. " she pressed a sweet kiss onto my neck as she climbed onto my lap without breaking the hug.

"I am sorry that I wasn't giving you enough attention. There are just so many things going on in my mind right now Sirius. It's okay. Wouldn't take much to get back to my usual self."

" I just didn't want to disturb you. I know you should have your own time. You don't have to prioritize me all day. You get to choose how to spend your time . I know it is very wrong of me to bother you during your own time. But I thought-" I started rambling. I don't want her to feel that she had to put me first.

" Shhhh. It's okay. You are not disturbing me. If you did anything wrong, it is not telling about thins to me.  Next time you feel this way, you tell that to me right away. No need to think it through. No need to wait until you feel lonely. Will you promise me?"

" I promise." I nodded.

" You are the person I care the most. Remember that puppy? " she drew her fingers in circular motion on my upper back as I feel myself melt at her words.