Page 51

I decided to change the topic. I laid down next to him. Facing the ceiling. His shoulder brushed against mine, giving me butterflies.

KEEP. YOUR. MIND. IN. CONTROL.

" Hey" I spoke, " why you didn't tell them that we hang out at the roof?"

" Oh, they tend to get worried that the death eaters might see us. Especially at night." he said casually.

" Then why do you bring us there?"

" Well, do you like it?"

" Yeah, I enjoy it"

"I like it too. So I don't see why we should not sneak out. All the risk are worth it if we enjoy ourselves y/n"

" I am mesmerized by your wisdom, Mr.Black" I laughed. I can't disagree on what he said though.

"May be you should sleep. I will go downstairs.  You're gonna get the dirt on your bedsheets. So, please take off those boots. And your jacket too."

" Make me, my love" he said with his usual trademark smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and launched the pillow to his face. He grabbed it right before it hit him. Oh, nice reflexes you got there!
STOP fangirling y/n!

" Thought you were 'Exhausted' but those reflexes says otherwise"

" Oh you have got no clue about my reflexes, y/n"

I mumbled a few words under my breath and regretted the next second. Fuck! He heard it. He heard it didn't he?

" What was that?" he sat up.

Thank goodness. He didn't hear it.
" Nothing. Gotta go"

Sirius' POV

" Then show me" she mumbled. It was almost inaudible.

I could feel my heart run a marathon in my chest. Did she really say it or my mind is playing tricks on me? I sat up and  looked at her face. Crimson red. She said it, and may be embarrassed? Her cheeks were flushed. She was biting her lips. And she left.

But did you really mean it y/n? Or did you even understood the meaning of your words? All of my exhaustion has left my body. I definitely can't sleep for now.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

" So what are we preparing?" I asked Lily enthusiastically.

" No idea y/n. I will cook something special but all the other arrangements are James and Sirius' responsibility" she said calmly.

" Pfft. Responsibility, she says" I chuckled.

" Oh, I know James, Sirius and Responsibility are a very very unlikely pair. Remus enjoys whatever madness they do. So, yeah"

" Of course, as long as the birthday boy enjoys it" we both nodded in agreement.

It's Remus' birthday tomorrow. I am so excited to celebrate it with him. I remembered all of their birthday when I was in muggle world. Oooh, this is gonna be so fun.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

It was 5 minutes until midnight. I went outside to see what the boys had planned. They asked me to come down few minutes before midnight. They have been gone since evening. I assumed that they are going to come back with some breath taking celebration ideas. But the house was empty. I looked around. They did even have a cake for him.

" Y/n" I heard a whisper.

"Jamie?"

James was standing beside me. Where did he come from? I am certain that he wasn't there....oh.

" Is that invisibility cloak?"

" Yeah, come here. Padfoot and Lily are over there."

Sirius and Lily were standing behind the curtain.

" I thought you feel asleep and forgot to come down" Lily whispered.

" I was just about to come check on you" Sirius said, he looked unusually excited.

" How long you been here?"

" I don't know about these two, but I got here like 10 minutes ago." Lily said.

Sirius and James stood out side Remus' bedroom door, with their wand at the ready.

I squeezed my brain, trying to figure out what they had planned. The look on James and Sirius face indicated that they were extremely excited and proud. But, what did they do?

" Lils , you know what they did?"

" No idea y/n. James didn't tell me at all. He said ' Surprises aren't surprises if you don't get surprised'" I chuckled at her mimicking James voice.

" Is that really you?" Remus yelled from inside his bedroom.

James and Sirius, flicked their wand in sync as the bedroom door opened. Colourful fireworks started to go off, lighting up the space. Remus stood in awe , so did Lily and I.

" Happy Birthday Moony!" Sirius and James hugged their dear friend.

" Thank you"

As they were occupied with their group hug, I saw silhouette of a tall man inside Remus' bedroom.