Page 45

"Why?" I asked, not breaking the eye contact.

"To make you happy. Are you happy?" 

"To say I am happy is a terrible understatement, Sirius. I am speechless." I hugged him again.

I have never been the touchy-feely kind of person, since i was young but with Sirius,i felt comfortable. I wanted to be with him, be close to him, hug him. It did not feel weird. Being around Sirius is .... cozy and joyful.

His hands reached out for mine. He lead the way to my bedroom. I sat on my bed and Sirius sat on the other side of the bed. I picked up a pink bear and scooted towards him.

 I picked up a pink bear and scooted towards him

"Here, you keep it" I handed it to him.

"You don't like it, y/n?" he frowned.

"No. This one looks the cutest. I like it the most, that's why I want you to have it."

"You are adorable" he said under his breath, not wanting me to hear it.

But, I heard it anyway. Next thing I knew was, my cheeks were on fire. I looked down hoping to hide my red cheeks. We continued to talk for a few more hours, which actually felt like just a few moments.

"Y/n look over there. Its dark already. You should go to bed." Sirius said, looking out the window.

"I AM on the bed" I chuckled.

"Haha, Very funny. But really. Get some sleep." He stood up.

Why do I feel unhappy all of the sudden? I don't want him to leave. Do I? I asked myself. I know, his bedroom is right next to mine. But yet, I felt gloomy. I grabbed his wrist, without thinking of anything.

Sirius' POV

She held my wrist firmly with those small soft fingers of hers as I stood up. I looked at her pouty face. "Stay" she said. Her voice was so low, almost a whisper. But I knew , somehow, how much she wanted me to stay right here. Because I did too. I had to built up so much energy just to stand up and be away from her. What have you done to me Y/n?

I sat back now even closer to her. She had a stuffed animal in her hands. Her (hair color) hair fell either side of her face as she looked down. I want to tuck them back behind her ears so bad. But I don't know, if that would be alright.

" Y/n I don't think we have enough space for both of us here, with all your new friends" I gestured the stuffed toys all over her bed.

" Oh, easy!"

Y/n took them one by one and carefully placed them on the floor. Why is she being gentle even with the toys? She could have just pushed them down. Usually, I would have thought this was unnecessary or even dumb. But, seeing her do it, make adore that act.

" Now we have space"

There were still a few stuffed animals on the bed. But the bed was spacious enough for both of us.  I shook my head and smiled at her. "Yeah"

We both laid down. Y/n was so close to me. I could smell her pleasant fragrance. And her body heat was radiating against my skin.

"Good night y/n" I said.

"Can I cuddle you?"

Her cheeks were redder than a beetroot. I have noticed that she always tried to hide whenever she blushed, but now she was looking right at me, not covering her face or looking away. She didn't even bother those red cheeks.

"Come here, it is what keeping you company is" I pulled her into hug.

Y/n POV

Keeping me company? Is that all of these are about? Only keeping me company? That's it? I felt hurt.

"Wait, You are cuddling Sirius Black. Stop being greedy. This is already more than unbelievable" the voice inside me bellowed within me.

As annoying it sounded. Isn't that the truth? If anyone said that I would meet with Sirius Black, I would not have believed them. Let alone for us to cuddle. This is more than I deserve. There must be lot of people who wants to be with him. I got the chance. I don't want to waste it overthinking.

I tightened the hug and buried my face onto his firm but soft chest, and let myself to be overtaken by his intoxicating musky smell. I am literally living my dream.