Page 40

Sirius was sleeping on my lap in his animagus form. I didn't even realize that he fell asleep. I put my book aside. He was warm and soft. His tongue was  outside his opened mouth. He really does sleep like a dog. I couldn't contain it, and laughing out loud.

Sirius jumped up. And looked at me.  " Sorry I woke you up. You just looked so adorable as Padfoot." I said.

He stood up and looked at me, still in his animagus form. I opened my arms to hug him.

" Thank You Sirius. That felt like home. I collect a lot of stuffed animals. I have like 20 of them on my bed and I hold them while reading. I didn't even know I missed it. "

Sirius turned into human and hugged me back. " Just for you" he whispered.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

James' POV

Y/N hasn't been like herself since the Bogart incident. I don't blame her. Seeing your worst fear really is scary. But the fact that Sirius' death was her Bogart fascinated me.

Was it because he is her friend? because he was the first one she met here? Because she was worried that we we're home after the task? Or she liked him?

I can't ask her about it. But she did tell us about the books she read about us. About My Son to be precise. Despite explaining all of it to us, she didn't really tell us how she was feeling. Lily told me that she saw y/n at the Balcony all alone last night.

It was not like her. Y/n never really liked being alone. Even while reading, or listening to music, she prefers to sit with someone, usually Remus.

May be, I should try to get her to talk? How hard can that be? If I got Moony and Padfoot open up about their feelings, y/n isn't even a challenge. I will talk to her.

Despite only knowing her for a few months, I really liked her. She is like a little sister to me. I truly care for her.

My thoughts were intrupted by the scene I saw through the window. I called out Moony who was sitting at the other end of the living room.

" Moony! Moony, come over here! LOOK!" I pointed my finger to the tree in our backyard.

Y/n was sitting right under the tree with a book and PADFOOT on her lap. She was stroking his fur. Can you believe it?

Remus rolled his eyes and lazily walked up to the window.

" Oh Goodness! It's finally happening!" he exclaimed.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐