Page 95

I was staring at the wall clock. It still had ten minutes to midnight. I was so excited for this day. I had everything perfectly planned. If things went accordingly it is going to be an unforgettable day for Sirius.

Okay, okay! I have got five more minutes. I shall get going now.. I thought as I stood up and glanced at the mirror. My pyjamas were near and oversized only a bit, making them the most comfortable pair of clothes. I pulled my hair into a messy bun. And walked out of the door towards Sirius'. The door opened in just one knock. Yep, he been totally waiting at the door.

"Hey, Sirius. May I come in?" I asked.

"Of course. Yeah" he was smiling uncontrollably.

I sat on the bed adoring him do his usual tippity-taps. I love how a grown man acts like a child when he is excited. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

"You don't want to sit?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh, sure. I am sat" he sat beside me.

"Goodnight, Sirius. "

"Goo- you are sleeping? Why?" his tilted his head.

"Because it is midnight? Dude I am tired. Good night" I kissed the tip of his nose and settled down onto the bed, pulling the blanket over us.

Sirius was too confused to ask anything. As he finally opened his mouth, James burst open the door, walking in, cheerfully singing Happy Birthday to Sirius. Remus , Lily and Lucas followed him into he room.

"Happy Birthday, Padfoot! I love you with all my heart" James gave Sirius a bone crushing hug. Then his eyes fell onto me. "Oh, I am not the first wish this year?" his face dropped. May be James was the one to wish him first on his birthdays.

"No, Prongs. You are the first wish" Sirius briefly glanced at me.

I just sat there as if I didn't not mind or care about whatever that was happening in there. James looked a bit shocked but then, his face relaxed.

"Yeah, wish him quickly, we have got to go to sleep early." he said to the others.

He probably thinks he intrupted something. Didn't he? Oh my god. This is hilarious. I just sat there watching them blankly, holding back my laughter and trying my best to not show any reactions on my face. After they left, Sirius turned to me, he still had a grin on his face.

"Ugh, you guys were taking so long. Come here, Sirius. Am sleepy" I tapped on his pillow inviting him to join.

"That's it? You don't have anything to say? Nothing else?" his lips twitched and formed a disappointed frown. I shook my head, I slipped under the blanket once again.

The next morning was eventful. Everyone gave their gifts to him. James and Remus often whispered something into Sirius ears. The entire day he tried to catch my attention. He even offered to read some books with me. But I refused.

"I know you are keeping the big surprise for later. But how about you wish him now? At least tell him Happy Birthday. He is trying too hard to get you to wish him" Lily glanced over her shoulder to the black haired man who was talking to her husband, very secretly as if they were planning something.

"Nope. Let him be. This is exciting to see him completely focus on me" I grinned.

"The poor boy"  Lily shook her head.

Just like that it was already evening. I did everything but acknowledge his birthday. At this point he was running out of patience. 

"Y/n?"

"Hmmm?" I continued to arrange my stuffed animals on my bed, meanwhile Sirius slowly approached me.

"Are you..um... forgetting something?" he pouted.