Page 53

I managed to slip away from the group hug alive, barely. Although Remus speaks as if he is annoyed by them, he cherishes them so much. He is enjoying this group hug. I knew it because, if Remus really wanted to get away from the hug, he would effortlessly throw off the other two men within a second.

I stood up leaving the three.Lucas was with Lily in the living room.l

" Hey"

" Good morning, y/n"

"Morning Lucas. Did you sleep well?"

" I usually have trouble sleeping at new places."

" Oh, probably you can't sleep tonight either, the boys invited a few friends over. Trust me they are quite loud when drunk" Lily sighed.

" Oh, it's ok. It's Remus' birthday after all. His first birthday that we got to celebrate together" Lucas smiled brightly.

This is the first time they are celebrating his birthday together? Oh, I have so many questions.

" How do you know him?" I sat beside Lily.

" We are pen pals."

I looked at Lucas with curiosity. Apparently, he sensed it and continued their talk.

" We met as a camp for- um..."

" She knows about Remus, you don't have to be vary" Lily said politely.

" You do? that's better. I have Lycanthropy too." He said.

He doesn't seem to be ashamed of himself for having the disease. Unlike Remus who, is ashamed and afraid of it. Although, I understand why Remus behaves that way, but Lucas' self esteem is truly admirable. In Wizarding World, people with lycanthropy are treated so unfairly. They are looked down, hated, discrimination and left out. As amazing the Wizarding World looks, it has so many flaws on the inside. Especially, discrimination.

" Remus was very self conscious about himself. And refused to be friends with other kids. So his parents sent him for a summer camp, for warewolf and vampires. It is for us to feel validated and to know more about our situation from older people who had these disease.  That's where we met" the man explained.

" That's is a very good idea. It must have meant so much to kids who had face such difficulties at the young age. Do they still organize them? "

" Now a few years after my first camp, they just stopped conducting the camps. With a war going on, nobody has time to think about warewolf and Vampires." He chuckled.

" That's just unfair" I talked.

" Y/n, most things these days are unfair." Lily said.

A dense layer of frustration started forming around us. And I hated it. Thus, I decided to break the silence.

" Oh, and Lucas. How old were you when you met him? "

" Ten I think? Remus went to Hogwarts right after our summer camp. And he never came to the camp again. This is my first time seeing him after that"

" You never saw each other after that? " I gasped.

He shook his head, "We sent owls every week"

"So, you got here for his birthday?. That's so sweet."

" Umm, no Y/n I have got something important to do over here" he seemed to hesitate.

" Oh, but I am sure Remus is really happy that he got to celebrate his birthday with you. " I assured him.

" The Birthday Boy is here!" Sirius bellowed.

"Stop it Pads" Remus looked annoyed.

" No, he can't! It's your birthday." James teamed up with Sirius.

" That's right! It's your Birthday! It's Remus' Birthday. Happy Birthday Remy!" I started to sing. Which was probably  abusive to ears. But who cares?

" Y/n? You tooo? Have some mercy. Don't join them"

"Too late, mate" Sirius  joined me first and so did James.

We were jumping in circles singing Birthday Songs. Remus tried to control us. Of course he was unsuccessful.  I could sense Lily and Remus rolling their eyes at us.

After a very energetic 10 minutes, all three of us collapsed into the sofa. We were breathing quickly, trying to fill up out lungs with some oxygen. I could even feel the  air moving through my airway. The burning sensation in my throat was uneasy. But I don't regret singing and  dancing for 10 minutes. We liked it. I turned to look at James' and Sirius. Whose breath were as fast as mine. I wiped down drops of sweat on my forehead.

" Did you like the show Remy?" I asked after my breathing had cooled down a little.

" I am looking for the most accurate spell for you three" he said.