Page 74

"I can't believe we have never thought about that Padfoot!" James exclaimed.

"I know right! We are going to Dog fair every time from now on" Sirius said to his best friend.

"Honestly y/n, that was a great idea!" Remus said.

"Yeah, I can't believe no one suspected us!" I said taking Mr.Purrfect. " You want peanut butter, lil guy?" 

"No..No-uh-oooo. That is my gift. I eat it!" Sirius said from the other side of the living room.

" Sirius!" I rolled my eyes at him as he snatched the jar of peanut butter away from me. "Don't you know how to share?" 

"I already had to share you with him. Not my precious peanut butter too!" he said holding the jar against his chest. How do I find him adorable and annoying at the time same?

"Are you saying I am no precious? Guess what, Mr.Black? He is so much better than you!" I said in a provoking tone.

He put the peautbutter on the table carefully and looked at me. "AH!"  he gasped dramatically clasping his hands on his mouth. "How could you do that to me? Prongs, did you hear what she just said? Did you hear my heart break? Look at these broken pieces that are all over the floor"

His expressions were so cute. As much as I enjoyed it on the inside, I kept the angry face on the outside. If I am not misunderstanding he was enjoying our tiff.  "Mr.Purrfect is my favourite" I said.

"NOoOoOoOoooOOoOo!" 

"Should I stop them?" Lucas whispered to Remus.

"I want to see what happens" Remus said discouraging him.

"Give me ONE reason why he is better than me? " Sirius asked.

"Well, he isn't a dramatic bitch" I shrugged.

"Did you just call me dramatic?" he gasped again, " How many more hurtful words do I even have to hear today? Prongs please safe me and my peanut butter!"

However, James did not want to meddle in it. He stayed by the side. 

"I will eat all of it when go to sleep tonight. You just wait and see!" I challenged.

"Not if I ate it first" 

Mr.Purrfect jumped out of my hands and walked away from us, probably heading to his bed. Both Sirius and I burst into laughter as we watched him walking away, giving zero fucks for us.

"I am just going to pretend that you two did not argue and laughed just like that." Lily said turning around.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"Congratulations on getting a boyfriend y/n" Remus said leaning back on the headrest.

"Ummm...." I hesitated.

"Give us all the juice. I bet you did not just go for the Dog fair! Gimme the other details" Lily's eyes shined in enthusiasm.

"I do not know if he is my boyfriend" I blurted it out.

"Excuse me what?" Remus leaned forward, blinking in shock.

"We only went for the dog fair and rushed back home because we were too eager to tell you guys about how we won the competition." I fidgeted nervously.

"How do you even call that a date?" 

"We had fun, playing. I don't know"

" Did he not kiss you?" Remus asked.

"No. We have never kissed"

"That is new. Sirius is totally different around you" Lily said.

"I had a perfect chance to ask him to be my boyfriend and I wasted it for freaking Dog Fair." I said holding my head, irritated by my own dumbness.

After hearing me maunder for next few minutes about how I wasted this date and will never get another chance like that ever again and how I am going to end up with thirty cats in a old cottage, Lily and Remus shook me up.

"Y/n st0p" they said.

"Look, this date was not wasted. I will not deny that I thought that this was a strange date, but both of you enjoyed yourselves" Lily said.

"She is right, y/n. I remember how happy Sirius looked when you guys stepped through the door and told us about the competition." Remus added.

"So please don't regret anything."

"So, what I do now?" I had calmed down by now.

"Go with the flow." we all nodded in agreement.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

"I could never get used to this cold" I said wrapping my hands around myself, trying hard not to shiver.

"Here comes the heating spell" Sirius said, holding out his wand.

"HMmmmm. Better" I hummed.

We stared at the sky for some time. I am mesmerized by them every time I look up. I am somehow confused. Astronomers across the world will be watching this same night sky.

" I took Astronomy classes because I longed to be here" I said not taking my eyes off the sky.

"What?" Sirius exhaled. "On the roof?"

"No. I thought that Wizarding World is just an imagination for so many years. But, I still craved to live in this magical world. The only attainable thing was The Astronomy classes. I took it although it was really hard. It made me feel at home. "

"Oh, Y/n." I felt his arms wrap around my shoulder, I rested the back of my head against his chest, memorizing the rhythm of his heartbeat. Unlike other time, it was calm. Mine was too. The butterflies in my tummy decided not to fly around today. The tranquility we felt with each other was divine. 

"Y/n?"

"hmm?"

"Do you dislike it when I am dramatic?"

"Of course not. Why would you ask such a thing?"

"Today you said that you like Mr.Purrfect because he is not dramatic" he pouted.

"It was to provoke you. I like- no. I love it when you are being dramatic actually. You are adorable when you do that" I said brushed his hands. " Is that a blush? Did I make the great Sirius Black blush? Awww"

"No, I am not blushing."

"Yes you are"

"No I am not"

"Yes you are"

"So what if I am?"

"I- umm"

"Who is blushing now, My Love?" he smirked.

"We both are"

We snuggled up against each other and turned back to the sky.

"Have you finished the peanut butter yet?" I said.

"Not yet. Got some more."

" Where is it?"

" Somewhere you shall never find" he said in a deep voice.

"Did you enjoy our date today?" I asked.