Page 73

Sirius looked around us, ensuring no one was in the vicinity. He drew out his wand.

"Y/n, would you give me your necklace?" He asked. " It is very pretty. I will give it back as soon as we get home" he added.

I nodded, and took of my necklace, and gave it to him. He carefully placed it in his palm and directed his wand to it. I could see that he was focused from his tense eyebrows. As soon as he mumbled my necklace morphed into a red dog collar.

"This will do. Here" he shoved it into my hands before turning into Padfoot. I sat down, to put on the collar. I just collared him. I fucking COLLARED Sirius Black. I felt my cheeks on fire. What the fuck are you thinking y/n?  I slapped myself ... mentally.

"You look cute with that" I smiled trying to hide my blush. We walked to the park, crowded by muggles. I scanned the place and spotted the dog competition. We both walked towards the place as many eyes looked at Padfoot in awe. Of course, he is massive, catches others attention easily. Man or Dog he owns everyone's attention.

"I would like to join the Dog Competition" I said to the middle aged woman who was registering for the competition.

" Your name?"
"Y/n"
"Your dog's name?"
"Padfoot"
"Breed?"

I don't know what breed he is. I turned to look at the Padfoot who was sitting next to me. I panicked.

"Ummm,... He is a Trouble Maker" I blurted out without thinking it properly.

"I beg our pardon?"

"He...he is actually a mixed breed. I didn't know his real breed. So I used to say that he is a Trouble Maker."  I said, like a liar.

"Oh, it's okay. I knew he must be mixed, when I saw your dog. Big Boy" she said and handed me a name tag for myself and a sticker to be put on Padfoot's collar. "You see those chairs over there? Participants shall wait there. The event will start in 20 minutes, I assume. All the best" she smiled warmly, so did I.

"Come on Padfoot. Let's go" I walked, Padfoot followed me behind.

He had mastered the act of behaving like a dog, he wagged his tailed whenever I talked to him. We saw Zoe and Oreo among the other participants.

"Oh, is this your dog? What's his name?" Zoe asked.

"Padfoot"

" Where is Sirius?" Her eyes scanned behind me.

" He is somewhere around here. Don't know. Among the crowd I guess" I said nervously.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the Family Day. The Dog Training Competition has officially started." A man spoke cheerfully, holding a microphone in his hands.

"There are three tasks that has to be completed by the participants.
First task is Obedience . Second is Patience. And finally, Obstacle Run. Let us wait to see which one of these Good boys and Good Girls wins the prize"

Padfoot and I exchange very excited looks as the conductor explained about the tasks. So, the first task begin.

The dogs were given sausages in a bowl. But they must not eat it until their owners tell them too. Most dogs didn't even listen, they ate it right away. Some dogs waited, but got bored midway and ate them. But, Padfoot, waited for full 10 minutes until I instruct him to eat, making our time the longest.

The second task about patience was much easier for most participants. The dogs were instructed to sit inside a circle and had to wait in there until we ask them to come to us, who are standing a few meters away from them. Padfoot nailed this one as well. He didn't even move the entire time. The crowd cheered for him.

And the Obstacle Run was the most entertaining. Most dogs started playing with the obstacle thinking, those colourful objects were toys, some took a long time to pass through every obstacle. Padfoot excelled this one as well. He completed it in a record breaking timing.

" And the winner is Padfoot, a trouble maker. Yeah he is, gave a lot of trouble to his competitors. Padfoot, and  y/n please come up the stage to collect your gifts. A trophy for Y/n and Peanut butter for Padfoot. Congratulations!!!!!"

The man spoke at the end of the show. Everyone cheered loudly and applauses echoed through the walls. Padfoot looked so proud and happy of himself. We received the gift politely.

We found a secluded place so Sirius could transform back to human again. I looked around us, checking for anyone seeing us. Muggle or Wizard, he would be in trouble if anyone else saw him since he is an illegal animagi. The area was empty except for us. Sirius changed back. I almost chocked when he turned back and still had the collar on him. How does something so random affect me this much?

"That. Was. Super. Fun!!!!!"  Sirius yelled and hugged me in joy. "The other dogs were so jealous and angry at us. They even called us 'cheaters' " he laughed maniacally.

I was still distracted by his collar. He looked fascinating in that. Something about it, making him look more catchy and appealing. "Urmmm... Sirius, let's take this off" I said, trying to hide the lightening that is going back and forth through my spine.

"Yeah, almost forgot about it"  he took it off and changed it back to my necklace. As I held out my hand to take it, he shook his head and turned me around. He out the necklace on me while I felt like my heart is going to jump of out my chest cavity.

"Do you think we should go home and tell everyone what happened?" he did his usual tippity-taps with his feet.

"Of course Sirius. James is going to lose it" I said enthusiastically.

We both walked back to the motorbike parking. "Hop on." I started the bike ready to go back home.