Page 55

" Y/n. Finally got to meet you" Marlene shook my hand. " The girl Mr. Black, Hogwarts heartthrob won't stop talking about" she said with a mischievous smirk.

" He what?" I asked, caught off guard by her words.

" It's always Y/n this, y/n that! This is my first time meeting you, but I already feel like you are a close friend of mine, with all the details we know about you"

I felt my blood rushing to my cheeks. I tried to calm myself down, trying hard not to blush. Not in front of them. It would give a very wrong idea if I blushed at something like that. They might think...

" You like him, don't you? " Marlene asked, with even more mischievous smile now. " Ah, look how red you are! "

" No, I don't. It's just that.... Um... I am flattered that he thinks highly of me" i said hoping that she would believe me, that I would believe me.

" Oh, don't be like that. I can surly say that Sirius is head-"

" Hey, whatEVER she said, she is kidding. It's a joke, alright?" Sirius exclaimed, shoving Marlene away from us.

" Oh really? Have some balls and admit it" Marlene punched his arms.

" What the fuck, Marls?" Sirius whined rubbing his arms.

" Push me like that again and I will cut you hoe" she glared at Sirius and turned to me, " You still blushing, y/n?" she laughed and walked away from us joining others at the other side of the living room.

" What was that about?" Sirius raised an eyebrow.

" Eh?" I looked at him confused.

" Why are you blushing? What did she say to you? What were you two talking about?"

" Nothing important, Sirius."

He was still rubbing his arm. Marlene must have punched him pretty hard.

" Does it hurt?" I pointed at his arm.

" Already feel a bruise forming, Don't worry, she is just like that. May be I should not have shoved her like that. " He shook his head. "Shall we join them?"

" Oh, of course" we walked over to them.

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

" Perfect timing, mate. Dorcas, two more shots!" James talked rather loudly.

"Here y/n. Try some Firewhiskey. Real good stuff" James offered a shot.

" What? No, James. I am only 18 remember?"

" So?" He looked confused.

"I can't drink alcohol before 21"

" Is that a muggle rule? "Sirius asked me.

" Kind of. In where I live, it's illegal to drink alcohol before 21" I explained.

I could feel all their eyes on me. I feel so embarrassed. They must think I am lame now. But, I can't drink it for that. It feels wrong.

" Hey, it's ok if you don't want to drink. I will get you some juice." Sirius touched my shoulder reassuringly and walked to the kitchen to get me some juice.

" Can you believe it?" Mary said, shocked.

" Sirius never does this!" Frank looked equally shocked.

"Yeah! Sirius Black letting someone off when they refuse a drink? That's new!" Marlene added.

"Well, it's y/n." Remus grinned.

" Oh, really?" Lucas said.

By this time I was blushing too much. And Sirius walked back in with a glass of apple juice.

" Here you go, I put some ice in it" he offered.

Before I could thank him, Alice spoke. " Sirius, you didn't tell us that she is your girlfriend?"

Sirius'POV

I almost chocked. Did she really say, Girlfriend? Oh sh!t. Why would she ask such a thing? I tried to scan through every braincell of mine to catch an answer for that. But, y/n was quicker than me.

" No, I am not his Girlfriend. Absolutely NOt" she said without hesitation.

I felt disappointed. We are not together (yet). But, did she not like me? All those times at the rooftop? All those nights we cuddled? Her Bogart? And the moment we had just now? Is that all just-

" Keeping company. That's what we do. We keep each other company" she said.

" But, Remus just now you said?" Alice was so confused.

" He meant Sirius and I are close. That's why he was being nice to me. Nothing more" y/n added again, making me feel even more worse.

Is that what I am to you y/n? Company? It's all I am about? How could you? Or is it a muggle thing or may be normal in future to cuddle with someone without even liking them?

I had thousands of questions in my head. I decided to brush them away.  Now is not the time. It's Remus' Birthday Party. It's fun time. I can't be like this.

" Why don't we start the party then?" I asked.