Page 79

Dumbledore cast a spell on the Basilisk definitely hit it very bad. The blood freezing sound that it made echoed through the glassy wall. If anything, this attack only made it more aggressive. I could tell from the hissing sound.

Using this distraction, James started to climb onto the Basilisk from behind as the huge snake was suffering in pain. James slipped a several time on its scaly skin. The beast have not noticed him as Dumbledore kept sending red sparks towards its face. James was almost reached its head but he slipped again. Luckily he grabbed onto another scale of it and was hanging onto the beast.

Just the moment I thought things were going on just fine, the Basilisk shakes it's body, shrugging James off of it's body. He was sent flying across the chamber. I shrieked in fear. For a second I thought I have lost him. I knew I shall run for my life as James advised. But I was unable to leave him just like that. I wanted to help him.

I turned around to run to him as Dumbledore kept casting different spells that hit the beast. Trying to distract it from going towards James and I. I ran forward towards the wall. And I spotted him.

"James! James are you okay? James!" I yelled as I saw him on the floor wincing in pain.

"I - okay. " He said trying to stand up.

"No- you are bleeding!" I shrieked. This is scary. Very very scary. My entire body was shivering in fear. He was bleeding out a lot of blood. His shirt was torn, exposing a big deep cut over his shoulder. He shuddered in pain. Tears swelled up in my eyes. I was torn between fear and agony.

"It is coming your way!" Dumbledore yelled. We turned our head away from it. James took out his wand and casted a spell that closed his wound . He was pale from loosing so much blood was still was in so much pain.

" I think some of my bones are broken too." James said. I was crying my eyes out now. I was so so scared about what was going to happen. Every second the hissing sound from the basilisk grew nearer, sending shivers down my spine.

" Gryffindor's Sword. Y/n! I dropped it. I dropped the sword" James exclaimed, looking at the floor around us.

" You stay here, I will find it!" I tried to stand up.

Suddenly a big boulder fell from top onto my leg. I screamed in pain. James moved towards me. "Y/n! Y/n! Oh my god! No!" He screamed. I tried to move the boulder away. But it was just too heavy. James used levitation charm to lift it up and send it flying across the chamber towards the Basilisk.

"Oh god! Y/n, your leg!"

"It is okay James. Go look for the Gryffindor Sword. We do not have time. It is getting closer." I told him, hiding my pain.

SIRIUS' POV
I heard loud sounds from inside. Minnie was looking as anxious as me too. James and Y/n were in there. I believe in them. But, at this moment I regret not going in with them. I would never forgive myself if something happened to either one of them.

"Albus is there, Sirius. Things will be fine" Minnie said, trying to calm me down. She always does this. She knows when I am getting uncomfortable or to tensed and acts according to it.

"I hope so. I can not even imagine anything happening to James or Y/n" I said, hiding the concern that as growing inside of me.

"You two look good together" she smiled.

"Uh?"

"Y/n and you." She said. " I saw they way you looked at her when she went in. Is she your girlfriend?"

"Yeah" I nodded. Even at the situation like this, thinking about y/n being my girlfriend fills me up with the warm feeling.

Suddenly a loud crashing sound reached my ears followed by, a blood-curdling scream that escaped from the inside. It was y/n voice!

Y/n POV

My vision was blurry from the painful tears. I wiped them away, searching the big shiny metal sword and avoiding the sight of the Basilisk. I was limping in the underground chamber, hoping to find the sword. We had to be extremely careful where we were looking at, or else one look at the basilisk was all it will take for us to die. Suddenly, realization hit me.

" Fawkes! " I yelled. " Professor! Call Fawkes! He can damage it's eyes." I yelled at top of my lungs. "It's a phoenix, it can hurt the Basilisk eye!" I screamed.

As I was screaming, I noticed something shiny. The Gryffindor Sword. I launched in to grab it. Trying my best to ignore the sharp pain on my left leg that felt alike it was killing me. The sword was on the floor, and was unscratched, I took the shiny metal weapon in my hands.

"James! I found it! " I called out to catch his attention. As I was about to turn around towards James, I spotted huge Yellow eyes, overflowing murderous intention. "I will never get to see Sirius again" I thought as everything around me went dark.