Page 35

" and Lily was upset about it for like more than a week" Remus grinned.

We went back to teasing Lily. The night was so cheerful. I almost didn't recall the horrid things that happened yesterday. The boggart and my anxiety attack seemed as if happened a long time ago. Everything was fun until they started to yawn.

We went to bed one by one. But I did not feel like sleeping yet. It was normal for me. Every time I had anxiety attacks I had insomnia for next week or two. I will be fine all day, going to school, hanging out with my friends and doing other daily activities, but at night, everything turns upside down.

Thus, I decided to just stay at the balcony looking at the sky. This is something I learned after coming into wizarding world. The sky and starts are the most beautiful things. Looking at them calms me down.

A tap on my shoulder dragged me back from my train of thought. "Not sleepy?" Lily smiled as she leaned her back against the railing.

"Yeah" I returned her warm smile.

"The story, y/n, was extraordinary. But, you do realize that if you change thing now, it won't happen in the future. right?" she rubbed her hand together. I nodded, looking at her.

"So, why do you change them? Why change such an amazing story?" she raised her eyebrow.

I smiled to myself. Why did I really wanted change everything? Why was I so desperate to 'fix' it? I questioned myself. Why? I looked away from Lily to into the sky. Trying to find a reason for my actions among those shining stars. And I found it, not in the sky, but within myself.

"As brilliant the story was, it was unfair, Lily." I turned back to face her. " None of you deserved to die. None of you had to suffer." I said, blinking back my tears.

"And most importantly, Harry deserved a happy childhood. While other kids his age were worrying about homework deadlines, he was worrying about not being dead. It is unfair. He was a kid. And, trust me, life was so cruel for him." words started to pour out.

" And now that I am here, all I see is a happy family that Harry didn't get to live with. Loving Mom and Dad, Two awesome uncles. If I could give it all to Harry, I don't give a fvck if I ruin the story." I paused, if i continue i knew I will cry.

" You want it all so that Harry could be happy?" Lily's eyes were teary too.

'