Page 28

Sirius' POV

" Sirius are you okay? Were you injured?"  she asked throwing her hands around my neck. " You are safe?" she buried her face  onto my shoulder. Her entire body was shaking. She was still sobbing on my shoulder. I could sense the fear in her voice, eyes. She was in the jaws of fear.

" I am absolutely alright. What happened to you?" I asked, hugging her.

" You fell through the Veil, Sirius. Look!" she pointed to my lifeless body.

" I see what is happening here" Remus said and stood between us and the lifeless looking body of mine. It turned into a a glowing orb. I knew what it was right away.

" Y/n it's a bogart. It shows you greatest fear.

Y/n POV

"A bogart?" I breathed.

It's was a bogart? I greatest fear is Sirius' death? I thought my fear would be  car crash or something like that. But this?

As I was thinking to myself, I heard Remus say " Ridikulus".

"Lily bring her down. I will get some water for her" James said turning back.

Lily touched my shoulder. " Y/n come on." she said in a gentle voice.

But I trembled at the thought of being away from Sirius. The Veil flashed in my vision. What if something happened to him again?

" No, I don't want to go. Sirius!" I yelled tightening my hold on Sirius' shoulders.
" Sirius stay! Please!" I said without looking up.

" It's ok,Lily" I heard his voice.
" Y/n I am right here. We all are safe inside the house." he said patting my back.

" Please don't go, Sirius. I am scared" I couldn't even talk properly. The lump in my throat felt painful.

I knew he was there, unharmed, and safe. But I couldn't think of rationally. I still felt my whole body shivering, not from cold. My tears never stopped.

"Ok, y/n can you stand up? I will bring you" Sirius said.

I tried to. But my legs felt numb, so did my entire body. I couldn't even move a toe. Sirius noticed me struggling to stand up and scooped me up effortlessly.

I should be really happy now that Sirius Black is carrying me, but No. I was still scared. I felt as if everything around me is collapsing and I am stuck in the middle.

My eyes were still closed. Arms wrapped around his neck and I was, still, crying. The picture of his lifeless body was still fresh in my mind. Whatever I did, it kept flashing in front of my eyes. I shut my eyelids, hoping it would go away. Tears kept rolling down my cheeks.