Unfinished Business

A/N: Kate x Reader

Backstory: It's Kate's first solo mission and Y/n is on the same mission as well and they team up as they don't have anyone else to turn too.

IN CASE I FORGOT TO SAY THANKS, THANK YOU FOR 6 AND! 7K! I AM THANKFUL FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU GUYS. I CANNOT BELIEVE ALL OF THE SUPPORT THAT WE'VE BEEN 

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate pick-locked the door and slowly pushed it open, she turned the flashlight on after she took a quick glance around, not seeing anyone. She let herself in and shut the door quietly; she looked around and let out a shaky breath, she walked around the apartment. It was quite clean as there was barely any photos which was odd,

"What type of person doesn't have pictures in their house?" Kate asked herself quietly before she turned the corner, only to get kicked into the wall; she looked to see someone with a black mask that covered their mouth and an all black suit. The girl had brown hair with braids in which made her even more unnoticeable.

"Looking for this?" The girl said as she held up what Kate was after, a watch that was important to the Avengers that she needed to retrieve.

"Y—Yep. That's gotta hurt for a month." Kate groaned out as she pushed herself up, the girl didn't do anything which confused Kate, "Is... Is it my turn? Like... Like a free shot? Do I get too—"

"You haven't been on a mission before, have you?" The girl questioned, Kate shook her head.

"Not solo." She dismissed.

"Right..." The girl muttered but she kicked her legs which made Kate fall to the ground, someone burst through the windows but the girl kicked her to the ground; however she quickly got up. "Girl, come on!" The girl exclaimed to Kate, Kate got up and shot an arrow at a light nearby the two as the girl kicked the other one into the wall. Kate felt an arm wrap around hers and felt herself being pushed against the wall. "I'm Y/n. Here." She whispered and handed Kate the watch, Kate looked at the watch then at her.

"You sure?" She asked, Y/n nodded her head before she placed a finger over her mouth, "I'm Kate." Kate quietly whispered, Y/n nodded her head and silently told Kate to be silent. They heard the door open and both of them rushed after her, Y/n pulled something out and shot it which wrapped around the girl they were after and she started to slide toward Y/n, however when she got close to the two. Y/n picked Kate up and moved out her way as the girl had tried to kick Kate. 

"Careful." Y/n warned her before she pulled the girl up to her feet, she pushed her against the wall but the girl fought back; she slapped Y/n across the face and wrapped an arm around her, both girls moving back-to-back. Y/n used her elbow and hit her back before she turned around to face Kate and kicked the back of her leg. The girl fell down but dragged Y/n so she flipped onto the wall, she landed on top of her. Both girls groaned however Kate helped Y/n up. "Get out of here—"

"She's running!" Kate exclaimed as she shot at the door handle, making a perfect shot as it already looked like it was about to fall out, however Y/n's target had so much power, she simply ran into it and the door opened, "Well that was helpful!" She exclaimed as both Y/n and Kate ran after the girl, they got to a rooftop and before Kate could get a shot in, another girl had tackled her to the ground. Y/n fought her original target but when she saw Kate getting flung about, she grabbed her target and pushed her into the girl, she rushed over to Kate and helped her up. She pulled out one of Kate's arrows and grabbed her bow, "HEY—"

Y/n took a shot from a building across and handed it to Kate,

"What'd you just— AH!" Kate got pulled toward that building, she landed on a balcony and fell onto her feet, she stumbled slightly but quickly recovered once the family stared her down, she let out a small chuckle before she gave them a small wave and a small smile. She wrapped her bow around the wire and began to move herself back to the building to help Y/n, she owed her and deserved the help.

Y/n elbowed one girl in the face who wasn't wearing a mask but when she saw that the girl with a mask and green goggles pulled out a knife, she used her right hand to block it and punched the girl with the mask in the stomach; she grasped the knife and threw the perfect shot which hit the line that Kate was on which made her swing back toward the building that Kate was on. Once again, not landing perfectly at all. Y/n randomly kicked behind her, it landing before she turned around and sent a massive right hook that landed. The girl with the mask tackled her onto the ground as the girl without a mask chucked her a knife. Y/n however kicked her off and pushed herself up onto her feet, she kicked the girl in the stomach and grasped the knife, she turned to the girl without the mask. Both girls staring one another down.

Y/n saw in the corner of her eye, a bottle a couple of steps away from her, she kicked it up which shot up into the air, Y/n moved close, grasped it and quickly threw it but the girl dodged it and Y/n threw the knife that landed in the girl's stomach. She rushed over and kicked the girl down onto one knee and grabbed the knife as she twisted it around in her stomach, Y/n felt herself get shocked around the neck however it stopped when she managed to pull it off, she chucked it back at the girl but she dodged it and Y/n could see Kate who got an arrow prepared. She shot it and it landed right next to the two girls which shot them all back.

Y/n, the girl with the mask and the girl without a mask all by each different edge. The girl without the mask was clearly about to die, Kate saw and she gasped. She got an arrow ready as Y/n covered her ears, the ringing was deafening and she hated it. She quickly got up and put her foot out as she could see the girl with the mask was about to go for something; she tripped up and Y/n rushed over to Kate.

"Nice shot, now get out of here." Y/n instructed which made Kate look at her confused,

"What? No. You helped me, it's my turn—"

"You've done well, Kate... beautifully. Actually. But I need you to go, alright—?" 

Kate took a quick shot at a the girl in the mask but she caught it, Y/n turned around and both her and Kate stared the girl down and watched as she took her mask off as it was broken enough. It showed a blonde haired girl.

"Yelena..." Y/n breathed out, Yelena stared Kate down evilly as she marched her way toward her but Y/n stopped her and pushed her back. "Kate, out of here! NOW!" Y/n exclaimed as the two went back to fighting. "Yelena, stop it! She's not him. SHE'S NOT HIM!" She exclaimed which made her stop, Yelena locked eyes with Y/n. The two stared into one another's eyes. "He didn't do anything... she took the jump for him even though her tried, Yelena... he tried to stop her from doing it..." She expressed in a soft breath as she was exhausted from all of the fighting.

"If he really tried... he would've done it before she could even think about it." Yelena stated, Y/n looked at her softly, 

"Please... she's innocent." 

"She's working with him—!"

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Kate exclaimed confused, she had an arrow right on Kate but Yelena shook her head, Kate slowly stopped and stared her down. She gulped nervously. Yelena put something on the ground and ran to the edge of a building. She jumped and turned around to the two as she fell backwards. Y/n ran to the edge of the building to no longer see her. She hit the edge of the building and sighed. She turned to Kate and sighed. 

"Go home." Y/n stated as she walked toward Kate, Kate lowered her bow and put her arrow away and put the bow around her.

"You're coming with me—"

"I'd rather fucking die." Y/n stated which Kate scoffed at, she grasped Y/n and held her. 

"I mean it, Y/n. You're coming with me." Kate stated which Y/n scoffed at.

"I got my target. You got what you needed. I'm going." Y/n explained.

"I get that! But I mean it, I don't know who you work for—"

"And you're not gonna know." Y/n stated, Kate let her walk ahead a little but then Y/n felt herself fall to the ground. Passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooooo, who do you think knocked her out? Yelena? Kate? Someone new? DUN DUN DUN!