⚠️Aren't so different⚠️

A/N: Nadine x Reader

Summary: Nadine needs to rant about her life so when she goes to Mr Bruner, she sees an unexpected guest.

Thank you so much to: User79391218 for the idea, thanks love <3

⚠️TW⚠️: Talk of suicide as well as an Eating Disorder

ALSO! THANK YOU FOR 23 AND 24K! YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT <3

AND HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

"I'm so bored, literally no one is interesting to talk too." I complain as I talk to my dad and let my shoulders fall, "I swear, everyone cares about who hangs out with who and who can get the most dicks sucked. I hate it." I further complain, "Honestly, why can't there be someone who likes stuff I'm interested in?" I ask but just then, a girl rushes inside and shuts it after her; she walks in front of the desk, me and my dad glance at one another confused. 'Who's this? ' I ask myself in my head. The girl grabs a chair and sets it in front of Max's desk and begins to sit herself down as she spoke.

"Look, I don't want to take up a ton of your time," she sighs and grasps her hands together. "but I'm going to kill myself." She gave him a small nod as he looks over at me, his mouth falling open slightly before he turns back to the girl. "I just thought that someone should know. I don't really know how this works. I'm probably gonna jump off an overpass in front of a semi, so... Or a U-Haul maybe, just not a bus. I'm not gonna be a dick and make people watch. But it has to be big. It's got to be so big that it just..." She clicks her fingers, "Done. Kills me. Lights out." She explains, I nod my head understandingly, "'Cause if it just maims me and I'm like..." She pulls a funny face scrunching it slightly which made me smile slightly at the girls funny face although it was a serious topic, "Well, how's that good for anyone? Then I got to find a nurse to smother me." She took in a quick breath before she continued to talk fast, "How am I gonna get across smothering if I'm..." She pulled another funny face as I smile at her and slightly tilt my head, I understood every word as thoughts like these were in my mind on a daily basis, I just hadn't expected anyone to come to a teacher and tell them let alone in front of me. "We don't need to get caught up in the minutiae. I just that an adult, so you, should know." She explains and finally caught her breath, Mr Bruner looked up at me then at the girl which is when she finally took my existence into account. "Hi."

"Hey." I reply quickly. 

"Hey."

"Hi." I fire at her quickly again which made a small smile tug on the girl's lips. 'She has a really pretty smile.' I compliment inside my head.

"Well..." Mr Bruner spoke before he clears his throat, "Wow. This is, uh," he nods his head slowly as he put a piece of paper in the page of the book he had been reading and shut it over, "a lot to take in, Nadine. I... I wish I knew what to say. Well, I was actually just drafting my own suicide note, just now—"

"You're not helping." I argue as I hit him in the shoulder lightly,

"Ow! What was that for?"

"You deserved it. Look, whatever..." I turn to Nadine, "I get it. I really do. I think about it all the time. Like, what if my death was by strangulation? Like, like, a rope! Like a rope! Right?" Nadine nods her head, "But then! What if when I do it, someone walks past, oh no, traumatized for life. OR! What if I have big windows and someone across the street is on the same floor but just across from me and sees me hanging. That's just, boom, another person, or! What if I have big windows and I'm on a very low floor, I could be showing a kid what suicide is like! And like you said, like we don't wanna be a dick about it and be like 'Oh, come watch me kill myself, whoopee!' like no! That is completely wrong! But then! No matter what you do, at the end of the day, when you have your funeral and all that shit, people who hated you are gonna arrive being like, 'Yeah, she was so nice. I loved her so much.'" I say in a high pitched tone, mocking practically every popular girl which Nadine found funny but accurate and she could keep up with my talking fast, "Well! No, no you didn't! So, if I die first, someone has to go to my funeral, shove all the people who didn't care about me out. And then she has to come meet me, because there is no way I'm dying alone. Besties who die together, stay together. I say it best. But anyway, back to what I was saying—"